Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roc Nation & Andre Ward explain why there was no HBO Face Off with Max Kellerman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Time View Post
    Exactly, Stevenson as well if he can finally fight someone worth talking about. SMH

I'm not sure if I was Kov if win, lose or draw I might not move up to Cruiserweight and finish my career up there.

Ward has no choice, he's got to stay at 175 whether he wins or loses. Unless Ward talks about retiring again. Lol

But yes, a lot of good fights to be made at 175 after this rematch.
    I think CW might end up being a worse move for Kovalev than staying at 175 lol. Usyk & Gassiev will outbox him & knock him out of the ring respectively I think or have a good chance of doing that at very least.

That's a big 25lb jump up in weight that I don't think would do favors to many 175lbers.

And brother you know Ward is gonna talk retirement after this fight lmfao. I'm thinking the whole reason he's Shakur's manager now is cuz he's shopping for post-boxing gigs/careers actively cuz the end of his career is looming. If Ward has more than 3 fights including Kov II I'll be surprised. And I'd bet one of those will be a Alexander Brand soft touch kinda guy that no one will care about.

And honestly fair play to the guy on retiring if he does soon. Ward has been around for 13 years winning fights, he's been the best guy in 2 divisions which is something most of the cats bragging about 2+ weight divisions titles never did, he's not lost a fight since pre-his nuts dropping, he's 33 which is around that time when things have gone downhill physically for a boxer or will be very soon. Get out while the getting is good I say. I have no vested interest in seeing Ward fight til someone beats him.

Floyd & Ward can start a donut shop called 0 & 0 or something maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      because a face off would be enjoyable to watch. ward feels obligated to suck out any excitement both in the build up and during the fight. if theres something that fans would want to see, ward wont do it.
      what??? did you even watch the video?

Comment

So nothing new then, ward didnt show for the face off because kovalev wasnt there to strut infront of the chavez-canelo crowd. Ok.

P.s, why is duva/kovalev's team liars when nothing said here has contradicted them. This is the story we got originally from both sides.
        Last edited by SplitSecond; 06-04-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I think CW might end up being a worse move for Kovalev than staying at 175 lol. Usyk & Gassiev will outbox him & knock him out of the ring respectively I think or have a good chance of doing that at very least.

That's a big 25lb jump up in weight that I don't think would do favors to many 175lbers.

And brother you know Ward is gonna talk retirement after this fight lmfao. I'm thinking the whole reason he's Shakur's manager now is cuz he's shopping for post-boxing gigs/careers actively cuz the end of his career is looming. If Ward has more than 3 fights including Kov II I'll be surprised. And I'd bet one of those will be a Alexander Brand soft touch kinda guy that no one will care about.

And honestly fair play to the guy on retiring if he does soon. Ward has been around for 13 years winning fights, he's been the best guy in 2 divisions which is something most of the cats bragging about 2+ weight divisions titles never did, he's not lost a fight since pre-his nuts dropping, he's 33 which is around that time when things have gone downhill physically for a boxer or will be very soon. Get out while the getting is good I say. I have no vested interest in seeing Ward fight til someone beats him.

Floyd & Ward can start a donut shop called 0 & 0 or something maybe.

Hey, you never know it might be the 0 & 1 donut shop also. Lolololololol

But since you have a wager on the fight. I hope you're right.

Comment

Who cares? Seems like Kovalev blew off the fight nite 5 minute interview and Ward ran out on the 30 minute Faceoff. Everybody keeps their legitimate reasons to hate the fighter of their choice. lol

Comment

A faceoff for the second fight would be great

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                I think i hate boxingego...
                Because he is unbiased, tells the truth, and calls people out for their hypocrisy and double standards?

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  Because he is unbiased, tells the truth, and calls people out for their hypocrisy and double standards?
                  Because he's biased just like every other boxing channel...

Comment

coWard got mad at killa kov and refused to show up. We don't need no stinking faceoffs, Killa kov's going beat the ever living schit outta him dis time.

Comment

Working...
                    X