Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The WBC are a laughing stock at Heavyweight. So is Deontay Wilder. Agree or disagree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
    How do they manage to make Bermane Stiverne the mandatory challenger for their World title? He hasn't fought since 14th November 2015; that's a longer absence than Tyson Fury. To make matters worse he'll be 39 time the fight comes around.

It is becoming more and more apparent they have some pact with Al Haymon to protect Deontay Wilder. It is the only explanation. What other explanation can be given for putting an inactive Stiverne over the likes of Luis Ortiz and Kubrat Pulev?

Having witnessed the spectacle of Anthony Joshua vs. Wladimir Klitschko, and talking loads of ish. How can Deontay go back to windmilling no hopers in Alabama? These people have no intention of testing themselves it seems. It's a mentality that they don't have complete confidence in their fighter.
    Dude, Shannon Briggs and Fres Oquendo are fighting for a WBA strap. Think about that for a second.

Comment

For the love of god, I just want someone in the heavyweight division to knock Wilder's lights out, take that belt and restore integrity to the WBC & heavyweight boxing in general.

How can Wilder parade around like he's the best fighter in the heavyweight division when you have a guy like Joshua who took on Klitschko in his 19th fight and whereas Wilder fought a total can in his 19th fight?

Comment

WBC is definitely a disgrace. Wilder is literally....and I mean LITERALLY begging to fight the other champions in his division. Those that don't acknowledge that FACT are fucking morons.

Comment

I can agree that Wilder is calling out all the other champs. But his reign of the last 2 plus years has been indicative of the way boxing was going until recently. The WBC couldn't find anyone really credible for him to fight.

At least the IBF and WBA have installed Pulev and Ortiz as foes for AJ. WBC manage to pull Stiverne out of their anus. Laughable. They've done Wilder zero favours.

Comment

Now it seems to me ignorance is prevalent when it comes to assessing Deontays contractual obligation to the World Boxing Council, let me remind you all how we come to this terrible state : in 2016 Alexander Pedvektin was mandatory for Deontay's WBC HW title -- most of you (Wilder haters) were very pleased with the WBC granting Alexander the mandatory even despite Sasha coming up dirty for a banned substance ( Meldonium ).

Moving on, after a legal battle with team Pedvetkin the WBC reinstated Alexander and ordered a eliminator between Stiverne vs. Pedvetkin -- this decision by the World Boxing Council was appealing to much of the boxing community ( big up to the WBC! right? ) well until Sasha failed another VADA test and I cant remember what for this time this guy is so dirty.....

Upon review of the facts, It seems to me the WBC did everything possible to give you all Alexander Pedvetkin ( the #2. ranked HW in the world ) ...but now you condemn the WBC after bending over backwards, and screwing Deontay to please you? GTFO!

Comment

Since acquiring his title(against a legit contender at the time), Wilder made better defenses then any other champion up until Joshua made his defense vs Wlad.

Tyson acquired it, never defended it. Joshua fought a bum for the title and then defended it against one. Parker got a gift win in his hometown vs Ruiz to acquire his belt, then fought a bum in his defense.

Comment

You can't blame wilder for povetkin being a cheating ba5tard but still the worst WBC reign ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  I can agree that Wilder is calling out all the other champs. But his reign of the last 2 plus years has been indicative of the way boxing was going until recently. The WBC couldn't find anyone really credible for him to fight.

At least the IBF and WBA have installed Pulev and Ortiz as foes for AJ. WBC manage to pull Stiverne out of their anus. Laughable. They've done Wilder zero favours.
                  While the Stiverne decision as the number 1 contender is terrible it is not like he was first choice. Povetkin was viewed as a legitimate guy. For Wilder that whole situation has just turned into a 2 kilogram bag of shellfish left in a car to rot over the whole summer. Now he is stuck in said auto until some other champion decides to fight him.

I will say this though if Wilder was such a chump as a lot think someone would be all over that opportunity throwing money at Wilder to get in line for Joshua themselves. The only top guys that have shown interest in dealing with Wilder are the Russian cheat and Fury. Not saying anyone is scared or anything like that just he is not viewed as an easy mark by people with actual skin in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    While the Stiverne decision as the number 1 contender is terrible it is not like he was first choice. Povetkin was viewed as a legitimate guy. For Wilder that whole situation has just turned into a 2 kilogram bag of shellfish left in a car to rot over the whole summer. Now he is stuck in said auto until some other champion decides to fight him.

I will say this though if Wilder was such a chump as a lot think someone would be all over that opportunity throwing money at Wilder to get in line for Joshua themselves. The only top guys that have shown interest in dealing with Wilder are the Russian cheat and Fury. Not saying anyone is scared or anything like that just he is not viewed as an easy mark by people with actual skin in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                      Since acquiring his title(against a legit contender at the time), Wilder made better defenses then any other champion up until Joshua made his defense vs Wlad.

Tyson acquired it, never defended it. Joshua fought a bum for the title and then defended it against one. Parker got a gift win in his hometown vs Ruiz to acquire his belt, then fought a bum in his defense.
                      Real talk right there.

Comment

Working...
                      X