Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir or Lennox - Who ranks highest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Wlad would have smashed the Tyson lewis fought and put it on Holyfield as well. Who else on Lewis resume would beat Wlad? except his bro?. Lewis was great but IMO gets slightly over rated. He got sparked cold and to his credit came back not to dissimilar to Wlad losing and coming back.

I think a younger Lewis beats a young Wlad

Older Wlad beats older Lewis.

Also I think the quotes from Manny Steward are true because I have read them somewhere as well.

Comment

Wlad is far superior in every department than Lewis..

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
        I hate it when people say Lewis beats Wladimir easily.
        Why, because he would.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          Wlad is far superior in every department than Lewis..
          I don't know what your hard on for Lewis is but Wlad has ZERO advantages over Lewis. Size, power, defense are all equal. Lewis has advantages in speed and coordination and is more willing to put these advantages into play

Comment

How is Wlad better than Lewis?

The power is probably comparable. Lewis is quicker, actually throws combinations, is more willing to engage in a dog fight, actually throws body shots, uppercuts, had a comparable jab, and a better chin. I don't see how Wlad is better at all.

Originally posted by Roy Keane View Post
            TBH Wlad would have smashed the Tyson lewis fought and put it on Holyfield as well. Who else on Lewis resume would beat Wlad? except his bro?. Lewis was great but IMO gets slightly over rated. He got sparked cold and to his credit came back not to dissimilar to Wlad losing and coming back.
            I doubt Wlad would beat holyfield. We saw the success that Brock and Jennings had against Wlad, I think Holyfield would have stopped wlad. Bruno would've had a legitimate chance against Wlad since he was a really good jabber, a hard puncher and had good boxing ability. Like Wlad, he didn't have a very good chin and Bruno didn't have very good recuperative powers but he still would be a live dog against Wlad.

Tua, Rudduck, Golota, PRIME Briggs, Grant, Mercer and Morrison would all have serious chances against Wlad based on their power alone.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
              I don't know what your hard on for Lewis is but Wlad has ZERO advantages over Lewis. Size, power, defense are all equal. Lewis has advantages in speed and coordination and is more willing to put these advantages into play
              He's had a bug up his butt for Lewis for a long time. He is an expert. I feel certain he does not even believe what he is saying. It is all to be provocative and go against the grain. A times he comes out with some good information or a good question, but people learn to ignore even those because of his importunate rantings elsewhere. His unusual suspicion of Lewis's juicing is well worth taking a look at, but he drives people away from even his good ideas. He is obvioiusly too locked into his own opinions to ever change on a single point, whereas you will see the more openminded posters evolving in their perspectives.

Do I smell a post listing all his changes of mind?
              Last edited by The Old LefHook; 04-27-2015, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Lewis is more well rounded and has a better chin. He looks more elaxed in the ring and throw better techniques than Wlad. Wlad looks robotic and is simply limited in his arsonal.
                I don't think either of them are great fighters but I'd take Lewis 80% of the time to win against him or commo foes.
                Ray

Comment

I think they are pretty close resume wise. Lennox has the better names on his record, but you also have to take into account the timing of those fights.

Both are around the top 10.

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                  I hate myself for even rating Wlad in the top 15, it kills me to be objective in this case. Wlad isn't a boxer anymore, hasn't been for years. Take away his fear-driven (illegal)clinch tactics and I would bet he'd have so many TKO losses that his career wouldn't have even survived the 00s.
                  Where would Lewis be if you took away his illegal holding and hitting?

Comment

Lennox's best win was Vitali. The Holyfield and Tyson that Lennox beat were merely names at that point and so far removed from their best days and forms (especially Tyson). Wlad would easily beat the Tyson of 2002/3. FFS Danny Williams could do it not long after...doubt Wlad would have had much problem beating that version of Evander either. Looking at it, Haye and maybe Povetkin or Byrd were actually better wins conceivably than Holyfield (considering Byrd beat him not too long after) and Tyson (definitely Tyson). What those fighters were or could do in their primes should not be considered if they were shot to pieces or at least quite a bit past their bests when they fought Lennox.

Lennox will rank higher in most eyes because he fought in an era where there were more names and more talent overall, and he was the more well rounded fighter because although maybe he didn't do specific things as textbook as Wlad, he had the better versatility in his arsenal overall and of course could fight well inside. H2H it's not a good matchup for Wlad.

Saying that, Lennox has been outboxed and has come close to losing decisions (such as against Mercer), which Wladimir has never come close to doing, so perhaps we overrate Lennox's pure boxing skills a little.
                    Last edited by PainfromUkraine; 04-27-2015, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Let me quote Emmanuel Stewart... "Wlad has the best footwork and balance of any fighter i have ever worked with"...Stewart goes on to say.

Wlad is the most accurate, single punch knockout guy i have ever seen. A guy can be completely fine, not hurt, and Wladimir can put his lights out with one shot. .. Stewart claimed Wladimir had more talent than Lewis. but that Lewis accomplished more, had big fights and beat more good fighters.

in 2011 Stewart said, "Wladimir is the most powerful natural talent i have ever worked with, in terms of Jab. Wladimir is the best. after him i would put Lennox. Lewis was a more versatile fighter. But in terms of boxing arsenal, Wladimir is better."

Emmanuel Stewart was a Hall of Fame Trainer who worked with and transformed both Lennox Lewis and Wladimir Klitschko.. i think he knew what he was talking about!

Comment

Working...
                      X