Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only person I think that can give GSP trouble at WW....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    I completely disagree with the Hardy comparison. Daley is far more dangerous on the feet and may be the most dangerous striker in the UFC. I'm not talking about stopping takedowns for 5 rounds, just finding the space to land strikes. Daley has 18 KOs in 23 wins, which is almost unheard of. He's also continued to improve his takedown defense. I'm not predicting that Daley would win by any means, but I'm saying he would be dangerous, that is if he can manage to get passed Koschek. Kos. should be considered the favorite in that one too, but if he can manage to keep Kos. off enough to land strikes and earn a victory he will have to be considered a threat to GSP.
    Daley only has knock out power. Whoopty doo. Striking has already proven to be null and void against Post-Serra GSP. Two times already. He is about as dangerous to GSP as Thiago Alves was. We already seen what happened to guys with only KO power when they fight GSP.

Originally posted by Sammy J View Post
    Couldn't agree more about this thread, although I don't think this fight will ever happen.

Daley is a better fighter than Dan Hardy on the standup. Please don't compare the both.
    Daley isn't better than Hardy. Knockout power doesn't make you automatically better. Hardy's stand up technique is second to none in the WW division, which automatically makes him better than Daley. You can't name one other WW that throws punches and kicks the correct way and cause effective damage outside of Hardy. Daley ONLY has knockout power which makes him dangerous, that is his ONLY asset. Hardy had knockout power but also had incredible technique, that is what separates Hardy from others in the stand up category.

I honestly don't see how people think great stand up in MMA is knockout power. That makes no sense what-so-ever. No wonder Boxing extremists talk **** about MMA. Lyoto Machida > Anthony Johnson..... Dan Hardy > Paul Daley..... Anderson Silva > Everyone in MMA.

Originally posted by Nick Fury View Post
    Did Nick leave the UFC or did they kick him out?
    Nick got kicked out for fighting Riggs in the hospital. Not only that but he also went on a losing streak after ktfo Lawler.

Onto topic: I agree with your point Kaps the problem is Nick is the most off and on fighter in all of MMA. You don't know what you will get with Nick. The guy who beat the **** out of Lawler? The guy who submitted Gomi? Or the guy who loses to Parysian and Sanchez?

Nick would probably get controlled effortlessly though. His wrestling is horrible. Gomi freaking ragdoll'd him in their fight. If Gomi wasn't on empty, he would have never got the gogoplata. Gomi effortlessly reversed his takedowns, and even flipped his ass over. What would GSP do if Gomi could do that to him, ya know?
    Last edited by F l i c k e r; 03-29-2010, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Yo View Post
      Don't know. I think the Zaromskis fight flattered Nick on the stand up. Zaromskis has good stand up but his defence is all over the place and trust me I train the same gym as him. I think GSP's stand up is far superior, Nick has top BJJ but so did BJ.
      Yeah but Nick is much bigger and stronger than BJ, which I think will be a big help in keeping GSP in Guard...

Originally posted by Sammy J View Post
      Couldn't agree more about this thread, although I don't think this fight will ever happen.

Daley is a better fighter than Dan Hardy on the standup. Please don't compare the both.
      That's just the problem my friend, they are both strikers with terrible ground games and virtually no sprawl....

Originally posted by Nick Fury View Post
      Did Nick leave the UFC or did they kick him out?
      His contract was up and he signed with Strikeforce...

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Onto topic: I agree with your point Kaps the problem is Nick is the most off and on fighter in all of MMA. You don't know what you will get with Nick. The guy who beat the **** out of Lawler? The guy who submitted Gomi? Or the guy who loses to Parysian and Sanchez?

Nick would probably get controlled effortlessly though. His wrestling is horrible. Gomi freaking ragdoll'd him in their fight. If Gomi wasn't on empty, he would have never got the gogoplata. Gomi effortlessly reversed his takedowns, and even flipped his ass over. What would GSP do if Gomi could do that to him, ya know?
        His fights with Parysian and Sanchez where both super close and could've gone either way IMO and he was robbed in the Riggs fight. Nick doesn't work on takedown defence or wrestling because he wants to be taken down most of the time. He's said it himself in a lot of interviews. I also believe Nick is a better fighter since the Gomi fight as well. Nick can make a good fight with anyone so and I think he has the tools to make Georges work harder than anybody else he's fought so far so I'd like too see it....

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          I actually think Daily may have a shot if he can manage to keep it on the feet enough (a big if). He has a big test though in Kos. which should answer some questions in the regard.
          Daley would do worse against GSP than Hardy, IMO.

Daley's striking is better than Dan's, but his ground game is 10x worse.

Diaz would be a good fight, but GSP is just way too strong and active from the top for Nick to get anything threatening going from bottom.

Nick has an advantage striking moreso than many of GSP's past opponents just because of the sheer volume of punches he throws. But I see no reason why GSP couldn't repeatedly take him down and pummel him for as long as he sees fit. Plus given Nick's tissue paper skin, GSP could probably get a TKO win by cut or ref stoppage.
          Last edited by TheNegation; 03-29-2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            His fights with Parysian and Sanchez where both super close and could've gone either way IMO and he was robbed in the Riggs fight. Nick doesn't work on takedown defence or wrestling because he wants to be taken down most of the time. He's said it himself in a lot of interviews. I also believe Nick is a better fighter since the Gomi fight as well. Nick can make a good fight with anyone so and I think he has the tools to make Georges work harder than anybody else he's fought so far so I'd like too see it....
            Man, you know I like Nick but I don't know. The size difference is just massive when I think about Nick's skinny ass body and GSP's massive frame. Maybe if those long legs of his can get around GSP thick body, then I can see GSP having a bit more work to do but so far everyone with BJJ can't do a damn thing against GSP.

Rubber guard is the best bet to control GSP's posture but no one has legs long enough to wrap around his big body. Maybe Nick's legs could do the job. Crack head control would work 10x better though. lol

Comment

Nick could keep pace with GSP for sure. His luck would be he'd beat him and test positive for weed again and it be taken off his record like the Gomi fight LOL...

Comment

Nick could keep pace with GSP for sure. His luck would be he'd beat him and test positive for weed again and it be taken off his record like the Gomi fight LOL...
                That would sound like Nick for ya. I don't remember a Gomi fight happening though. It never happened, thats what the records say.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  That would sound like Nick for ya. I don't remember a Gomi fight happening though. It never happened, thats what the records say.

Comment

I thought that was a friendly spar.

That **** breaks my heart every time I see that though. The only fight of Gomi's I can't watch multiple times.

Comment

Nick Diaz? Really?

I like him as a fighter but he is not on GSP's level. The guy can't beat fighters who are not even close to the level of GSP and he is expected to give GSP trouble. I don't think so. It would be another dominant win for GSP.

Comment

Working...
                      X