No announcement yet.

A trick question regarding boxing and genetics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A trick question regarding boxing and genetics

Ok before I give an answer and show how silly the idea that race itself predisposes one to boxing talent, I want to give people on the board a question. Answer this question please and give your reason why. Hint, there is a right answer.

You want to find the country that, if there were no social factors involved, would produce the most prospects to become the greatest boxing champions. What country would this be and why? Remember, starting from scratch, tomorrow, no predispositions, pretend nobody knows wht boxing is yet.

What country and why?

At the moment it appears the old soviet countries. Ever since the wall came down, the have been crushing it at the Olympics and the pros. The world scene is heavily littered by Eastern Euro fighters, either with belts or high ranking positions.

Their training methods are no-nonsense, they are fast-tracked earlier and made to since or swim right away

Comment

I will answer. I am not intimidated.

People have probably overlooked the fact that the Vatican is a country. And of course that is the answer. Trick question, of course. But the reason is perfectly clear once you think about it. The Vatican would produce more aficionados of the fist than any country on earth, except for the social factor that snooty popes continue to frown on boxing. It appears the popes are more concerned with the image of the church than the happiness of its priests. I say to the pope in his tall cone hat:

Let your priests box. You are making them miserable.
      \
      Next question!
      Last edited by The Old LefHook; 02-23-2018, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Ok before I give an answer and show how silly the idea that race itself predisposes one to boxing talent, I want to give people on the board a question. Answer this question please and give your reason why. Hint, there is a right answer.

You want to find the country that, if there were no social factors involved, would produce the most prospects to become the greatest boxing champions. What country would this be and why? Remember, starting from scratch, tomorrow, no predispositions, pretend nobody knows wht boxing is yet.

What country and why?
        It would be a country where they would have the best warrior mentality (being smart and brave).

Genetics doesn't mean sht.

They are different types of bodies.

Depending your style, you can be a slickster like Roy, or a typhoon like manny or a Tank like Gassiev...

The 3 of them have good genetics to me but different.

Hell Pacquiao might have the freaskiest genetics, 8 divisions champ facing top guys and never really had great skills lol

Comment

The U.S.A. - money!

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            I will answer. I am not intimidated.

People have probably overlooked the fact that the Vatican is a country. And of course that is the answer. Trick question, of course. But the reason is perfectly clear once you think about it. The Vatican would produce more aficionados of the fist than any country on earth, except for the social factor that snooty popes continue to frown on boxing. It appears the popes are more concerned with the image of the church than the happiness of its priests. I say to the pope in his tall cone hat:

Let your priests box. You are making them miserable.
            \
            Next question!

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
              When boxing gets really big in China one day, they take over.
              Bingo!

China or India... The question is: with no social enticements who would produce the most and best professional fighters.

And while everyone can create closure putting humor into it, (a welcome response frankly), or their own ideations, its really a math problem. The country with the most people will produce the most of everything: Genetic diversity included... And will subsequently produce the most able bodied individuals...as well as the LEAST able bodied individuals.

Now I will leave it up to the gang here, who have the IQ and boxing knowledge cornered, to draw the proper conclusion regarding race and so called genetic markers when looking at this situation objectively!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                It would be a country where they would have the best warrior mentality (being smart and brave).

Genetics doesn't mean sht.

They are different types of bodies.

Depending your style, you can be a slickster like Roy, or a typhoon like manny or a Tank like Gassiev...

The 3 of them have good genetics to me but different.

Hell Pacquiao might have the freaskiest genetics, 8 divisions champ facing top guys and never really had great skills lol
                You fight the way you train...If you train men to be tough, they will have the warrior mentality...Proof? Samoans can be big obese dunderheads because of diet and ignorance regarding fitness, yet, a Samoan who looks to his traditional culture for answers will be a warrior through and through... So while it has something to do with being Samoan, its more about the way to follow good living. But alas, there are just not many Samoans, so like Cuba for example, which produces more great boxer per capita probably than anywhere else aside from the united states, its only because of people having an interest in boxing...

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
                  The U.S.A. - money!
                  Money is not only the biggest social enticement, it is the lifeblood of any venture. Where we put our money says a lot about us... In the United States for example, we don't tell corporations "hey if you want to use our labor sources, our transportation networks, our housing and our wealth, you will pay for it all. No, we tell people "you are privaleged to have a corporate masser who will pay you a salary", something that cannot possibly compensate you for taking the better part of your life, but will guarantee some measure of security...Our university system will also make sure it is preparing you to take a better job for masser, so you can get more pay, more stress, but the ability to consume more and be of a higher status.

Notice that we don't tell people, you go to school to be a good person who is well informed, can act in your own best interests, and be a productive human being... And school seldom functions purely for that purpose, the Ivy leagues indoctrinate people to come in and run daddy's company, while the regular system teaches people to get that high paying position. Very few people go to college to run their own business as an ethical, succesful, well rounded individual.

I am making this point and deliberately slanting the perspective on "money" to show that even what might be considered objective is really an act of self interest. Socially our institutions reinforce these acts of self interest but...pure manpower is the initial resource that gives one the most product to work with!

Comment

The Irony

So isn't it ironic that two countries that socially do not reinforce boxing as an institution, potentially have the greatest potential?

This should show individuals that if you want to find the greatest selection of fast footed individuals, go to the place where the most are born, and it has nothing to do with genetic markers, including racial markers. Africa shows well because it happens to have a considerable amount of genetic diversity, probably as a consequence of the great Afro-Hamitic empires that were part of the ancient Egyptian, Nubian nexus. Egyptian cities were similar to places like New York, and Los Angeles: What type of race would archieologists say occupy these cities? when they are discovered many moons later? In Egypt there were middle Easterners, Africans, Phonecians, Mesopotamians, etc etc....

Hence today in Africa in her populations dwell a considerable amount, per her population numbers, of fast people, slow people, people who are lactose intollerant and people who survive on nothing but dairy products and everything in between.

Comment

Working...
                    X