Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Leonard: 8oz Gloves is a factor, but would benefit both guys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A SRL stating this shouldn't be needed ...it should be common sense that smaller gloves would change the punch dynamics .

However it favors the bigger guy used to using 4 oz gloves this should also be common sense . This might come into play but it doesnt change the guy with years of actual boxing is the favored ,obviously .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      A SRL stating this shouldn't be needed ...it should be common sense that smaller gloves would change the punch dynamics .

However it favors the bigger guy used to using 4 oz gloves this should also be common sense . This might come into play but it doesnt change the guy with years of actual boxing is the favored ,obviously .
      SRL said both will benefit, in different aspects of their skill set.

Floyd with smaller gloves will have better speed which translate to more puncher power.

Conor being the stronger man, his power irregardless of it being a slower puncher still has that power to land strong like a bare knuckled fisted fighter would. Lighter 8oz gloves for Conor translate to more bite in his punches.

Thus, comes down to, who connects more wins. If this will be about connecting throughout the fight, Floyd hands down has this, but if Conor only needs one powerful punch and gets Floyd dazed, then Conor has that punchers chance of putting him down. A big if, but a lot of crazy things happen in this world.

What's important is having 8 oz as SRL pointed out, changes the dynamics of this bout. There is a wild card, IF Conor gets lucky, He can drop Floyd with 8oz Gloves. Conor has legitimate power, SRL recognizes that.

Comment

8 oz. clearly helps Conor more than it does Floyd. And Conor still won't win.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
          SRL said both will benefit, in different aspects of their skill set.

Floyd with smaller gloves will have better speed which translate to more puncher power.

Conor being the stronger man, his power irregardless of it being a slower puncher still has that power to land strong like a bare knuckled fisted fighter would. Lighter 8oz gloves for Conor translate to more bite in his punches.

Thus, comes down to, who connects more wins. If this will be about connecting throughout the fight, Floyd hands down has this, but if Conor only needs one powerful punch and gets Floyd dazed, then Conor has that punchers chance of putting him down. A big if, but a lot of crazy things happen in this world.

What's important is having 8 oz as SRL pointed out, changes the dynamics of this bout. There is a wild card, IF Conor gets lucky, He can drop Floyd with 8oz Gloves. Conor has legitimate power, SRL recognizes that.
          It favors the guy who relies less of covering and blocking and moreso power , ive fought with 8oz ers believe me it favors Connor here bc Floyd is not physically built to bully him around . Speed is subjective bc you also have to take into account distance and i dont believe Mayweather can hurt McGregor this is a huge risk Floyd is taking no matter how favored he is ..

Comment

It favors the guy who relies less of covering and blocking and moreso power , ive fought with 8oz ers believe me it favors Connor here bc Floyd is not physically built to bully him around . Speed is subjective bc you also have to take into account distance and i dont believe Mayweather can hurt McGregor this is a huge risk Floyd is taking no matter how favored he is ..
            Do you know the equation?

F = ma

Mass x acceleration = Force

Floyd has speed.

Mass x acceleration (speed) = Force

More force = more power in your punches.

Thus, as SRL said, it benefits both as I have explained. Not just Conor, but Floyd as well.

That said, I only give Conor a punchers chance that's it. If Conor's leprechaun Irish clover luck goes into play. Then Conor shocks the world. A big massive IF.

Comment

Well there you have it folks. To those wannabee experts who don't have a clue of what smaller gloves brings. Watch this to be educated to the basics of boxing. You know who you are, and they say it's not important.

SRL: 8 oz gloves is a factor. More speed in smaller gloves.

SRL :Both will benefit from it. 8oz gloves is like punching with your fist.

He also says McGregor can punch.

No doubt about that.

Starts @ 11:05:

That's actually inherently false. SRL is just playing into the media boyos.

Smaller gloves are an advantage to the more skilled fighter (Floyd) because ultimately accuracy and boxing acumen are more impactful than glove size, glove size is just a compliment to the other attributes in his favor.

Don't expect MMA ****bois to understand this, their sport isn't deep enough to break down such intricacies of combat sports.

Comment

F = ma

Floyd has speed.

Thus, as SRL said, it benefits both as I have explained. Not just Conor, but Floyd as well.

That said, I only give Conor a punchers chance that's it. If Conor's leprechaun Irish clover luck goes into play. Then Conor shocks the world. A big massive IF.
                Just because you have speed doesnt mean you hit hard (the 8 oz gloves arent going to make Mayweather hit harder ,glove size doesnt turn a NON power puncher into one ) , you are giving McGregor 8oz gloves (hes the power puncher here ) and hes NOT slow and has more of a chance to k.o Mayweather than the other way around , this is a fact .

Mayweather with 8oz gloves will be more accurate but at the same time will have to be more weary whats coming his way .
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-25-2017, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  That's actually inherently false. SRL is just playing into the media boyos.

Smaller gloves are an advantage to the more skilled fighter (Floyd) because ultimately accuracy and boxing acumen are more impactful than glove size, glove size is just a compliment to the other attributes in his favor.

Don't expect MMA ****bois to understand this, their sport isn't deep enough to break down such intricacies of combat sports.
                  Lmao

look up, you seem to not realize what is written in this thread.

F = ma

Floyd has speed.

Comment

Lmao

look up, you seem to not realize what is written in this thread.

F = ma

Floyd has speed.

Problem is, you left out of your equation the fact that knowing how to properly throw a punch, and from any angle, and knowing when to throw the right punch, MATTERS! And Conner Mc****phag doesn't have the experience or training to match that acumen.

Comment

Just because you have speed doesnt mean you hit hard (the 8 oz gloves arent going to make Mayweather hit harder ,glove size doesnt turn a NON power puncher into one ) , you are giving McGregor 8oz gloves (hes the power puncher here ) and hes NOT slow and has more of a chance to k.o Mayweather than the other way around , this is a fact .
                      F =ma

More speed equals more force.

More force = more power

Floyd has decent power. Respectable power to keep opponents honest. Don't underestimate Floyd's power. He has decent power that makes opponents think twice before going in. That's all I'm saying.

Lighter gloves = more speed = more power in your punches, especially to someone known for speed.

Speed is relative to mass and acceleration.

Thus, if Conor has speed (which he doesn't) knowing he has more mass. He may have more power to multiply if he had the speed to match Floyd.

But, I don't know.. Will see who's got more power soon enough.

Conor has raw power. Floyd has power generated through speed.

Floyd is in a lot of advantages going into the fight, but like I said, I can also see Conor landing that money punch with those 8oz gloves. Anything can happen. It's almost fight time.

Comment

Working...
                      X