No announcement yet.

Prime for Prime: Roberto Duran vs Pernell Whitaker at 135

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620
    The Mcgirt fight was at 147 not 135. So let's stay factual here. Didn't keep Mcgirt off of him? That fight was a chess natch between two counter puncher so stop lying. No credible person thinks Mcgirt won. In the second fight Mcgirt DID try to walk Whitaker down and the results tell you all you need to know.
    Stop being emotional. In the second fight McGirt fought the entire fight with one arm. Whitaker still couldn't stop him. You think he's going to stop a healthy, peak Duran?

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      When you are clouded by bias and hate towards certain fighters, they come up with his bull****
      WTF are you talking about now? When did I ever show hate towards Whitaker or bias against him? Just because I choose one fighter to win over him doesn't mean I am hating on him. You fanboys are all alike.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        No one fought Whitaker from a safe distance. Whitaker's success was due to his superior defensive skills. He was a rare fighter who could make you miss while standing right in front of him. No running or clinching, just slipping, bobbing, weaving. But he never really had much torque on his punches. He couldn't keep Buddy McGirt off of him (and some feel Buddy won their first fight), no way he keeps a prime 135 Duran off of him. Duran was a lot faster than most give him credit, and had underrated defensive skills as well.

The Mcgirt fight was at 147 not 135. So let's stay factual here. Didn't keep Mcgirt off of him? That fight was a chess match between two counter puncher so stop lying. No credible person thinks Mcgirt won. In the second fight Mcgirt DID try to walk Whitaker down and the results tell you all you need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          The Mcgirt fight was at 147 not 135. So let's stay factual here. Didn't keep Mcgirt off of him? That fight was a chess match between two counter puncher so stop lying. No credible person thinks Mcgirt won. In the second fight Mcgirt DID try to walk Whitaker down and the results tell you all you need to know.
          How original, you just copy and pasted your previous post and posted it again. Couldn't counter with an original thought huh? Not surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            How original, you just copy and pasted your previous post and posted it again. Couldn't counter with an original thought huh? Not surprising.
            It's called a glitch on my phone. What's really funny is that you have no counter point to anything I said lol.

Comment

The boxer usually beats the brawler.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                135 lb duran quits against pernell whitaker

i've heard it all [from people who almost certainly haven't seen more than 5 duran fights against people not named ray leonard.]

i give whitaker the benefit of the doubt in saying that he'd go 12 or 15 rounds. he had a great chin and a style that would finish the fight. but he would not do enough offensively to win.
                You of all people should know I'm being sarcastic. Damn NE, the racial climate has made you too serious.

Comment

These are my two favorite fighters of all time. I think Whitaker wins a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    It's called a glitch on my phone. What's really funny is that you have no counter point to anything I said lol.
                    A glitch huh? Sure thing. I posted more reasoning as to why I think Duran would win. A very non-emotional post not based on any particular bias.

Comment

Of course there's always that one dumbass who says Duran was a brawler.

Comment

Working...
                      X