Collapse
No announcement yet.

NRA Head, They “Hate Individual Freedom”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For 2016 the Teachers Union actually spent more than the NRA. But funny that the NRA is usually only the lobbyist group that is singled out.

Teachers Union spent $4.2 million for 2016

NRA spent $3.1 million for 2016

Bbbbut the NRA doe!

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/in...1300&year=2017

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/cl...?id=d000000082
    Last edited by Theodore; 02-22-2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      So your stance is every gun is the same? Just shaped different basically. No gun is any better or worse then others?

And you keep saying idk what I'm talking about. Okay man. Agree to disagree.
      No they aren't the same. A rifle shoots further than a hand gun. A higher caliber puts a bigger hole in you. What I am saying is take the parkland shooting. He could've inflicted the same and if not more damage with a 9mm pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Theodore View Post
        The NRA actually spends less than other lobbyist groups. A quick google search will reveal this. It's funny that the NRA is singled out when other lobbyist groups spends way more money, such as the teachers union that's against things like school choice.

Thats just direct donations. They influence elections with ads in regions where there guys are running for office. Believe they spend ~$50M every year for election ads.

Lobbying bs is a problem & one of the things I strongly dislike about politics that seems to be acceptable to most people or just is seen as the way things are thus people don't take a step back & get that its problematic when a company is giving money to politicians.

Comment

I support the NRA, I think they are a big reason that the 2nd Amendment still exists.

Also newsflash, if I am a Republican in congress who supports the 2nd amendment then I'll gladly take money from the NRA, some of you act as if NRA controls politicians... you don't accept money from groups you don't agree with. I'm not taking any money from Antifa or the KKK because I don't support their views. But give me all of that NRA, Koch Brothers and Mercer money because our views align. Same goes for the left and their Union and George Soros money.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            I support the NRA, I think they are a big reason that the 2nd Amendment still exists.
            Almost all of the people who talk about the 2nd amendment being gone are NRA guys that I see. I've always seen it as a marketing ploy to get that membership money coming in more than a legit threat.

Or maybe there are some low level bloggers & nobodies like that that nobody listens to that want it, but these days there are plenty of wayyyyyyyyy nutty mfers on both sides who got very extreme opinions cuz even the mainstream R's & D's are pretty extreme & dramatic these days.

Comment

Originally posted by The Comic DON View Post
              A whole lot of emotion almost 0 facts.

I want to solve the issue not make you feel better. People who wallow in emotion while they're issues to address are cowards and scumbags.
              You have common sense, that's a commodity that can't be bought.

Comment

Good thing society is beginning to move in a more conscious direction:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-nebraska-bank

#boycottNRA

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

Also newsflash, if I am a Republican in congress who supports the 2nd amendment then I'll gladly take money from the NRA, some of you act as if NRA controls politicians... you don't accept money from groups you don't agree with. I'm not taking any money from Antifa or the KKK because I don't support their views. But give me all of that NRA, Koch Brothers and Mercer money because our views align. Same goes for the left and their Union and George Soros money.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Almost all of the people who talk about the 2nd amendment being gone are NRA guys that I see. I've always seen it as a marketing ploy to get that membership money coming in more than a legit threat.

Or maybe there are some low level bloggers & nobodies like that that nobody listens to that want it, but these days there are plenty of wayyyyyyyyy nutty mfers on both sides who got very extreme opinions cuz even the mainstream R's & D's are pretty extreme & dramatic these days.
                    NRA are not the bad guys. They didn't write the 2nd amendment, they don't vote bills in. People get way to conspiratorial about how much power certain groups and people have. NRA consists of millions of regular old people across the USA who own firearms and want to protect their right to own firearms, that's all. As a lobbyist organization they don't even crack the top 50 in how much money they contribute to politicians.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbyi...s-spending-big

Comment

Originally posted by The Comic DON View Post
                      A whole lot of emotion almost 0 facts.

I want to solve the issue not make you feel better. People who wallow in emotion while they're issues to address are cowards and scumbags.

almost zero facts:
                      https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...n-guns/553937/

high capacity, low recoil, fast bullet, 16-20 inch barrel, stock that lets you absorb recoil and aim and fire more quickly than a handgun, tiny bullets that are intended to be shot in quick succession, designed based on the m-16, a military rifle.

no facts doe. zero. just emotion. not helping the kids doe.

you're cool with kids dying because you want to keep a toy. you are what you are.

Comment

Working...
                      X