This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
    the beginning is the most relevant ''when'' there is. it explains the why at the same time.

this polio character only wants to go back 400 years !!!!!!!

and it pains him to accept the fact that had ''his'' ancestors not put ''his own people'' up for auction, we wouldnt be talking about slavery..
    What are you talking about?

In the beginning there were slave raids where whites would kidnap blacks to make them slaves. This was perceived as being too dangerous for them, so they thought of another way.

They then began to encourage Africans to sell their prisoners of war.

1. The prisoners of war were not seen as the same as those who captured them. It's not like they thought they were selling their own people. They were selling people they conquered.

2. They couldn't have known what they were selling them into. In Africa, prisoners and slaves had certain rights and they were not treated the same as slaves were treated who were taken as part of the Atlantic Slave Trade.

3. The major factor in Africans selling Africans was because of guns. Whites would go to one tribe and tell them that they would sell guns to another tribe and stir up animosity between both sides in order to get the tribe to continuously provide them with more and more slaves in exchange for guns. The tribes would agree because they knew their existence depended on purchasing guns to compete against the real or perceived threat of other tribes. They were also faced with being attacked by whites with guns and made slaves themselves if they didn't provide slaves.

Do you understand this now?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      Exactly! His own people were (blacks) paid whatever a slave went for. Reparations my ass. Actually, the blacks should pay back all of the welfare that they have collected from the white man. Reparations for dragging our economy down....Rockin'
      More whites benefit from welfare than blacks. Get your facts straight

There are a plethora of articles to back this up. Google is your friend.

Who Gets Food Stamps? White People, Mostly

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...n_6771938.html

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post

In the beginning there were slave raids where whites would kidnap blacks to make them slaves. This was perceived as being too dangerous for them, so they thought of another way.

1. The prisoners of war were not seen as the same as those who captured them. It's not like they thought they were selling their own people. They were selling people they conquered.

2. They couldn't have known what they were selling them into. In Africa, prisoners and slaves had certain rights and they were not treated the same as slaves were treated who were taken as part of the Atlantic Slave Trade.

3. The major factor in Africans selling Africans was because of guns. Whites would go to one tribe and tell them that they would sell guns to another tribe and stir up animosity between both sides in order to get the tribe to continuously provide them with more and more slaves in exchange for guns. The tribes would agree because they knew their existence depended on purchasing guns to compete against the real or perceived threat of other tribes. They were also faced with being attacked by whites with guns and made slaves themselves if they didn't provide slaves.

My Whiteness understands. So you want me to pay for things that happened long ago, not to you but rather to somebody with whom you are distantly related. I had no part in anything to do with slavery. Sue the people who owned slaves...... oh wait a minute.....
        Last edited by Rockin'; 02-22-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

My Whiteness understands. So you want me to pay for things that happened long ago, not you but somebody with whom you are related. I had no part in anything to do with slavery. Sue the people who owned slaves...... oh wait a minute.....
          What? Did I ever say that?

It was YOU that said Africans should pay for reparations (I might add, Africans that were not alive when other Africans were sold). This was your words!!!

All I mentioned was that if you believe that, you must believe that Americans should pay for reparations too...because the importing of slaves from Africa was made illegal in the United States in 1808, and therefore most of the slaves were not coming from Africa at that point. They were being bred in America. So you can't blame Africans for continuing slavery after that point, can you?

I thought the point was clear. Do you understand now? It was you that stepped in shlt. May I suggest that you mail your check to the United Negro College Fund? A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Comment

You should actually thank the white man for granting blacks their freedom. The kind of freedom where you could go anywhere that you wanted instead of staying in such a horrible place called America.......

Comment

I feel so damn good.

White people have a great history. Some people only want to talk about a few negative things we did, but we have a lot to be proud of. Everyone makes mistakes, but no one shines as bright as we have.

We did it guys.

Now, let's get this ship steered back on course. Enough with the guilt and self-doubt. Enough with the capitulation. Let's move it forward.

We are "still the ones".

(this song narrowly won out over Shania Twain's "still the one")

Comment

My whiteness wants to inform you that slavery was already happening in Africa well before the first whiteman ever showed up.

And what I said about reparations is, if they deserve it at all, that they should get reparations from the people in Africa. The whiteman owes you nothing......

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post

: :

Couldn't have said it better myself... This man knows his stuff. Holding it down as usual

They actually called these practices "uneven exchange"
                  Last edited by Chollo Vista; 02-22-2018, 07:53 PM.

Comment

My whiteness wants to inform you that slavery was already happening in Africa well before the first whiteman ever showed up.

And what I said about reparations is, if they deserve it at all, that they should get reparations from the people in Africa. The whiteman owes you nothing......
                    Slavery existed all over the world. What the hell is your point? Africans didn't invent slavery

Then if we deserve it at all, you would have to agree that we should get it from Americans, too, no?

You are still trying to crawl out of the shlt hole you created for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                      Slavery existed all over the world. What the hell is your point? Africans didn't invent slavery

Then if we deserve it at all, you would have to agree that we should get it from Americans, too, no?

You are still trying to crawl out of the shlt hole you created for yourself.
                      I never once stated that Africans created slavery.

And you must admit that slavery was first in Africa way before it was in America.

Are you talking about the hole in which I throw all of your bull****? ............Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                      X