This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
    Good post man...especially about how the goalposts tend to move after fights...Rigo was a good win until they fought and Loma won.
    Remember when p4p top 10 Mikey Garcia moved up to 147 to challenge spence and despite the fact that Spence absolutely dominated Mikey, he got ZERO credit.

I dont give Spence too much credit either but we all knew the outcome. Spence had nothing to gain from fighting Mikey. Same thing applies to Pac and Lomachenko. I'm consistent.

Wins over Broner and Thurman are better for Pacs legacy than a one off fighting against a smaller fighter and yes, Pac is bigger than Lomachenko.

It's no different than saying Lomachenko taking out everyone at 135 is better than winning against p4p top 10 Rigo. It's the truth. It was a good win but legacy wise imo hes doing it right.

S.hit. Lomachenko retired Mikey without even fighting him. Where are all the Mikey fans now?

I hate when someone like Mikey Garcia or even Canelo ffs claim they're the best but aren't even the best in their own division. They get off at cherry picking weak title holders so they look better than they are.

People hate Lomachenko so much they would make any excuse to see him lose or use any excuse to belittle him. Look at the TS. Lomachenko is overhyped he says, but refuses to name ANYONE who he gives a chance against him.

Theres no one left. All that's left are green prospects who have never fought anyone with a pulse much less at the world level. Now all of a sudden to the haters resumes dont matter when it did before and these new guys are the boogeymen now right?

Tank is on record scared. Who is he fighting?

Devin Haney is 20 and fighting who his next fight? Someone outside to 50?

Teofimo "no more tall guys" lopez needs to make it past Commey and that's not a guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post
      Remember when p4p top 10 Mikey Garcia moved up to 147 to challenge spence and despite the fact that Spence absolutely dominated Mikey, he got ZERO credit.

I dont give Spence too much credit either but we all knew the outcome. Spence had nothing to gain from fighting Mikey. Same thing applies to Pac and Lomachenko. I'm consistent.

Wins over Broner and Thurman are better for Pacs legacy than a one off fighting against a smaller fighter and yes, Pac is bigger than Lomachenko.

It's no different than saying Lomachenko taking out everyone at 135 is better than winning against p4p top 10 Rigo. It's the truth. It was a good win but legacy wise imo hes doing it right.

S.hit. Lomachenko retired Mikey without even fighting him. Where are all the Mikey fans now?

I hate when someone like Mikey Garcia or even Canelo ffs claim they're the best but aren't even the best in their own division. They get off at cherry picking weak title holders so they look better than they are.

People hate Lomachenko so much they would make any excuse to see him lose or use any excuse to belittle him. Look at the TS. Lomachenko is overhyped he says, but refuses to name ANYONE who he gives a chance against him.

Theres no one left. All that's left are green prospects who have never fought anyone with a pulse much less at the world level. Now all of a sudden to the haters resumes dont matter when it did before and these new guys are the boogeymen now right?

Tank is on record scared. Who is he fighting?

Devin Haney is 20 and fighting who his next fight? Someone outside to 50?

Teofimo "no more tall guys" lopez needs to make it past Commey and that's not a guarantee.
      Well said man I like how you try and be intellectually honest...for the record I have always rated Spence high...and never really rated Mikey...I thought Spence would roll over Mikey in a couple rounds, and at worst would do to him what GGG did to Brook...so I was a bit disappointed in Spence that he couldn't finish him, and that he also wasn't a bit more impressive vs Porter...but I at least try to keep be honest with myself and fair to all fighters across the board.

You made a lot of good points there...good post

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        It'll happen this year. This division will clear each other out.
        Don't you mean 2020.
        I don't see Loma v Davis happening this year.

Comment

Well said man I like how you try and be intellectually honest...for the record I have always rated Spence high...and never really rated Mikey...I thought Spence would roll over Mikey in a couple rounds, and at worst would do to him what GGG did to Brook...so I was a bit disappointed in Spence that he couldn't finish him, and that he also wasn't a bit more impressive vs Porter...but I at least try to keep be honest with myself and fair to all fighters across the board.

You made a lot of good points there...good post
          Thanks man.

I try my best to be objective and not some shameless dumb a.ss fanboy like so many other posters here. Just like everyone I have my favorites and biases but when you are aware of it it makes it easier to be objective.

On this board though you're imo you're one of the better posters because you're honest and try to be objective. Plus you dont get pissed and call names. Good job man keep it up.

Comment

This is Blatant Anti-european bias.

Comment

Prograis would be a great fight for us as fans...problem is no one really knows Prograis so the risk/reward for that fight would be small...but if he is really just focused on legacy (which most guys are not, and to be fair, they should be more focused on making money) then yeah that would be a good one to try out...I think he may be too small for that though...would like to see it.

We disagree about GGG lol...his money and legacy fight was always going to be Canelo I think...money wise it worked out unbelievably well for him there...legacy wise it just depends on how you saw those 2 fights really...just think GGG would have had to go to 175 really to get a big fight...168 had no real names and the fights with the few names there never materialized...Froch fight never materialized...Chavez Jr didn't either but that would be for the money and not legacy anyway....when Ward could still make 168 I don't think Ward was really healthy/active enough for that fight to be made.

If GGG went up to 175 and won some big fights then yeah that would have really been a big boon for his legacy...not sure how he would have really fared there though...the only fight there for a while was Kov anyway (or maybe Stevenson but I can't see Superman really wanting that fight, though I would have favored him in it) so yeah even at 175 I can't really see a ton of fights for GGG.

He actually has better options now at 168 and 175 if he wants to move up...after his performance vs SD though I don't know what all he has left though...he didn't look too good there to me.
              ward approached golovkin about 168 in 2015...he said "lets both take a tuneup" and fight in 2016 after golovkin fought Lemieux(he offered when lemiuex was signed but had no problem with that fight going off...he was talking about after)

ward said 168....when ward fought paul smith ward allowed smith to go over 175...actually 176 I believe...ward himself weighed 171....ward kept himself halfway between 168-175 in the event that he had to go back down because he knew he was going to contact golovkins team

if ward said he could make 168 hes given us no reason to not believe him...the whole "I don't think ward could have made 168 anymore" is delusion, defensive, fantasy for excusing golovkin....ward aint given us a reason to not believe he could make it...he proved it weighing 171 for smith...if golovkin had agreed ward would have been 168 for his next fight and then golovkin as he was allotting golovking a tuneup at 168

golovkin defenders have so many lame excuses its not even funny.....golovkin chose to fight dom wade and kell brook that year...brook being a WW after he made fun of canelo for fighting khan

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                im not suggest he go 147 or fight crawford...thats nuts imo

but if a dangerous 140lb fight, like maybe prograis, was there i know a certain group would be ok with him bypassing anything of the sort calliing him small and making excuses..."he has limits"...but theyd call mayweather names for not fighting golovkin

loma has some good fights he can still make with davis, lopez and haney...so im cool with that...but if he has to wait too long on them he needs to try to do something special instead of waiting.....before we have to hear about how certain guys "waited him out and waited him for him to get old"

golovkin stalled his career for years waiting on a kid....hate to see loma do it too
                who in this forum trashing floyd for not fighting golovkin?? i've been in this forum 10 years and never seen anyone posting mayweather should go up MW to fight Lil g.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
                  who in this forum trashing floyd for not fighting golovkin?? i've been in this forum 10 years and never seen anyone posting mayweather should go up MW to fight Lil g.
                  The sad thing is, Mayweather should have done it. He would have dominated every round, just like he did against Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    you are still salty about floyd i see. thats what this is really about it. you crying because people wanted floyd to fight someone in their prime. difference is floyd had people like thurman or spence in his own division but he would rather fight berto and conor. oh but floyd was old so its ok...pac just fought thurman and hes old. lets go back to floyds prime where he fought zab, hatton, and baldomir...instead of cotto, marg, and pac. dont need to talk about floyd moving up. he didnt handle business in his own division. maybe staying in a division and fighting everyone is a little harder than you think, if floyd refused to do it maybe loma can
                    i wanna ask since you're one of the longest floyd hater here, did some packyturd posting about challenging Floyd to fight lil g in MW?? like that Curt Henning wrote??

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnTaylor View Post
                      The sad thing is, Mayweather should have done it. He would have dominated every round, just like he did against Canelo.
                      so you were lying? and

Floyd dominate Canelo at 152, there is no way he will beat Canelo or Lil g at 160

Comment

Working...
                      X