Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let’s be honest if floyd beat thurman......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by john l View Post
    LOL you will wish you were after dipsh its like Queensburyrules gets done with ya.
    Yeah, Queenie plays rough

Comment

• Thurman's best win is Porter... before that, he had done nothing

he beat Porter in June 2016... NINE months after Mayweather retired

forget that...

who would be willing to commit their stupidity to print... by insisting that Thurman even had a punchers chance to beat Mayweather?

Thurman aint knocked anyone out for YEARS, let alone Mayweather..... what, you think he could get lucky, ALL NIGHT LONG?

Thurman had done nothing to be mentioned as a potential Mayweather opponent... he still hasn't

Comment

• Originally posted by The tucker View Post
        But you wasn’t concerned about mosley being a year and half removed from the ring before he beat mosley. You said floyd had to fight him because he was ducking him. Floyd didn’t jump in mosley’s Ring saying we need to fight. This is what is called moving the finish line. Once they make it there you move the goal line because you don’t want to give them credit.

I am on record saying Hatton, Canelo, and Corrales are the best guys on Floyd's resume, and post Hatton, Floyd took his foot off the gas pedal. Taking a fight with Andre Berto when you had the more deserving Thurman as a mandatory supports that statement.

Based on your statement. what do you think cherrypicking the right time to fight a guy is about. (See Srl/Hagler)

It's no coincidence that Floyd does not get much credit overall for beating a raked through the coals Shane Mosley anyways.

Had he used his leverage as the face of boxing to fight the best guys in a more timely fashion, he would not get the flak he gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
          I am on record saying Hatton, Canelo, and Corrales are the best guys on Floyd's resume, and post Hatton, Floyd took his foot off the gas pedal. Taking a fight with Andre Berto when you had the more deserving Thurman as a mandatory supports that statement.

Based on your statement. what do you think cherrypicking the right time to fight a guy is about. (See Srl/Hagler)

It's no coincidence that Floyd does not get much credit overall for beating a raked through the coals Shane Mosley anyways.

Had he used his leverage as the face of boxing to fight the best guys in a more timely fashion, he would not get the flak he gets.
          You do know that mayweather called out mosley and cotto while he was still on top rank?THEY turned floyd down and did they get called duckers?... no.
          Plus what was a mayweather vs thurman fight in 2015. Thurman only notable wins was bundu and Robert Guerrero.
          Floyd since 2006 only fights 2x a year do you really expect him to get to everybody. Just like how floyd was going to fight a prime berto in 2011 while he was undefeated but who did floyd end up fighting THE WINNER of his fight with Ortiz.

But then like i said you called mosley racked through the coals AFTER Floyd beat him. But before the fight you said Floyd needed stop ducking mosley and fight him.

So judging from your history had floyd beat thurman in 2015 you would have said thurman was over rated and beat no one. But since floyd didn’t fight him your going to say he ducked him.

Comment

• [QUOTE=The tucker;19986887]You do know that mayweather called out mosley and cotto while he was still on top rank?THEY turned floyd down and did they get called duckers?... no.

No excuse.
            Post Top Rank, after Hatton, Floyd was the top guy, and took a two year "vacation" when he was expected to fight the winner of Cotto/Mosley. The ww division was hot with Williams, Margarito and Floyd was nowhere to be found.

Plus what was a mayweather vs thurman fight in 2015. Thurman only notable wins was bundu and Robert Guerrero.
            Floyd since 2006 only fights 2x a year do you really expect him to get to everybody. Just like how floyd was going to fight a prime berto in 2011 while he was undefeated but who did floyd end up fighting THE WINNER of his fight with Ortiz.

Thurman earned a shot by being Floyd's WBC mandatory, was undefeated, was no better or worse than Guerrero, Ortiz, or Canelo, or Maidana for that matter, and those fights were made easily. No excuse.

But then like i said you called mosley racked through the coals AFTER Floyd beat him. But before the fight you said Floyd needed stop ducking mosley and fight him.

Well, yeah and by the time Floyd finally stepped in the ring with an already raked through the coals Mosley, he was a year and a half inactive and fought like it. Day late and a dollar short doesn't get major props here. I don't see why that's so hard to digest for the Floyd Boys. It isn't considered one of Floyds best wins by a long stretch, and the reason is Floyd dragged out making the fight until it was overmarinated. Hell the Canelo win is more significant in my book.

So judging from your history had floyd beat thurman in 2015 you would have said thurman was over rated and beat no one. But since floyd didn’t fight him your going to say he ducked him.

Ha, had Floyd beat Thurman in 2015, how about had Floyd even acknowledged Thurman in 2015 when Thurman was his WBC mandatory, and was calling him out every chance he got.
            Had he beat Thurman I would give him about the same props I give him for beating Alvarez. I am not going to overrate it though and that's what Floyd Boys hate the most.

Comment

• Originally posted by The tucker View Post
              You do know that mayweather called out mosley and cotto while he was still on top rank?THEY turned floyd down and did they get called duckers?... no.

Good post and nice point about Mosley and Cotto. Floyd called Mosley out when he was at 130 and Mosley said NO(I got the KO mag interview where he says it)and Arum or Cotto NEVER called out Floyd until shortly before they fought. Arum knew better.

Comment

Working...
              X