X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
    Your history here tells a different story
    Go ahead and post my history. If you can't prove it, then STFU!

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      Lomachenko will move up or fight someone a bit better later or whatever. But I will not fault him for trying to unify the entire division.
      I certainly hope so. I think he shows a lot of potential, but he needs to get a bit more confidence in himself. If you want people to remember your greatness, then you have to prove your greatness. Right now, he is just wasting his prime fighting all of those irrelevant opponents.

Comment

So Lomachenko can't get the OP's respect till he fights arguably the best welter? Campbell probably had 10 pounds on Lomachenko fighting at lightweight.

I'm thinking that Loma is going to have to soldier on somehow without Shawn's respect, pitty.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          So Lomachenko can't get the OP's respect till he fights arguably the best welter? Campbell probably had 10 pounds on Lomachenko fighting at lightweight.

I'm thinking that Loma is going to have to soldier on somehow without Shawn's respect, pitty.
          Don't get me wrong, I don't think he has to win against Crawford. He won't win, Crawford will stop him within 4 rounds. But at least, it would prove that he desires to be an all-time great. At the moment, he seems content with fighting trash opponents and to be honest, I can't respect that. He's a good boxer, but he's a diva who doesn't dare to step up in competition. By fighting Crawford, he would win my respect, but by BEATING Crawford, I would consider him an all-time great.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnTaylor View Post
            Don't get me wrong, I don't think he has to win against Crawford. He won't win, Crawford will stop him within 4 rounds. But at least, it would prove that he desires to be an all-time great. At the moment, he seems content with fighting trash opponents and to be honest, I can't respect that. He's a good boxer, but he's a diva who doesn't dare to step up in competition. By fighting Crawford, he would win my respect, but by BEATING Crawford, I would consider him an all-time great.
            I'm not getting you wrong. Reading you loud and clear.

Comment

he's moved up several weight classes and fought the best in his division. salido was his second fight, he was way overweight, and very dirty. if you know boxing you can tell that literally by the end of the fight lomachenko had enough experience to beat him should they have ever fought again.

the reason salido and lomachenko dind't fight again isn't that he was a bad style, not a rematch they wanted to take, but that he started losing and retired.

he is not a large man. lightweight is about all you're going to see from him. i cna't see him trianing hard and walking around much heavier than that.

so what do you want from him?
              tank davis blatantly won't fight him
              teofimo lopez is still not ready.

Comment

Until I see Loma unify the HW division, he gets NO PROPS from me!

Comment

if loma needs to prove himself so does everyone else besides canelo. he’s a hof’er already.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnTaylor View Post
                    There is a lot of hype around Lomachenko and while I can agree that he certainly is a good boxer, I think the hype is totally out of proportions... He did lose to Salido, he fought Rigondeaux at a totally unfair weight and otherwise, I'm not really impressed with him fighting trash like Campbell, Crolla, Pedraza and Linares recently... It simply doesn't suit a man of his reputation.

His skills are there, no one can deny that, but those skills have yet to be tested enough for him to deserve all the hype. I have a proposal. How about going up in weight and fighting Crawford? If Lomachenko beats Crawford, then I must admit, he has established himself as an all-time great. I know he will get spanked, but at least for trying, he will have gained my respect.

Will you continue to hype a guy who fights trash constantly or should we, as fans, start to put some pressure on him to fight Crawford? I doubt Lomachenko has the courage to face him, but if the fans pressure him enough, it just might happen. If Lomachenko is so special, then why not prove it? It's easy to look good when fighting bad opposition.
                    Go ahead and call him out! My money is on you!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndroundko View Post
                      if loma needs to prove himself so does everyone else besides canelo. he’s a hof’er already.
                      How about Rigondeaux? Crawford? Ward?

Comment

Working...
                      X