Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Thurman the hardest puncher Pac has in 9 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
    Did you call MArquez featherfisted??
    Yeah, I saw that too. I agree with you...No way is Marquez feather fisted. He's a big puncher. Manny also fought De LaHoya, Cotto, Mosely and Margarito who would also be considered punchers on Thurman's level

Comment

Originally posted by megh50 View Post
      Yeah, I saw that too. I agree with you...No way is Marquez feather fisted. He's a big puncher. Manny also fought De LaHoya, Cotto, Mosely and Margarito who would also be considered punchers on Thurman's level
      Marquez is a very hard puncher. This kid is lost lol

Comment

I think Thurman is being overlooked in this fight.

Thurman's speed or power isn't Manny's biggest obstacle... he's facing the biggest obstacle we all have to face- time.

Manny Pac is a dinosaur and he has been visibly on the decline for a while now.

Thurman could potentially hurt him bad and end his career.

Comment

Run time baby 100 yard dashes 4 life

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            We don't know if Thurman can still punch he had surgery on both hands this could be his cash out or his resurrection

I'm neutral on this fight I don't like it or hate it
            Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
            yup i believe so....biggest challenge since floyd hands down

50/50 fight to me
            Agreed.

I am obviously rooting for Manny but I think he will get hurt in this fight.

I hope I'm wrong. How many more fights left in his deal with PBC?

Comment

With the exception of Marquez and Matthysse, he may very well be. But I still don't think he's gonna stand and trade in front of Pac. He still needs to use his power using timing and proper pivoting to lure and KO Pac. Only Marquez has done that.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                Probably.

Or Matthysse, but Matthysse was shot and never that good anyway.
                Originally posted by diplo View Post
                Well, Thurman hasn't had a stoppage since Julio Diaz in 2014, but yes he's a heavy hitter. Pacquiao was just caught perfectly from a single punch from Marquez, apart from that I don't think I've ever seen him hurt (yes I've seen that he was KO'd twice earlier in his career). They say the last thing to go is power, so I guess Matthyse is a harder puncher than Thurman, but obviously was too shot to be able to use whatever power he still had.
                I highly doubt Matthysse ever had as much power as Thurman. Matthysse was a career Junior welterweight. Aside from my confidence that Thurman is/ was a much harder puncher, he is also clearly a significantly bigger, fresher and MUCH more skilled fighter than Lucas is and was.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                  Thurman stopped Luis Collazo.
                  I thought Collazo had to stop because he couldn't see because of a bad cut or something. Yes he stopped him, but not because he beat him into submission.

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                  I highly doubt Matthysse ever had as much power as Thurman. Matthysse was a career Junior welterweight. Aside from my confidence that Thurman is/ was a much harder puncher, he is also clearly a significantly bigger, fresher and MUCH more skilled fighter than Lucas is and was.
                  Definitely bigger and more skilled, I agree. Just citing Matthysse because of what other boxers have said about his power, not only in fights but in sparring (e.g Tim Bradley). Also Thurman's got broken hands, so it'll be interesting to see how much power he can put through them. I was expecting him to KO Lopez, ok it was a 'tune up' but still.
                  Last edited by diplo; 05-25-2019, 04:00 AM.

Comment

No Mathysse is a bigger puncher. It doesn't matter how good he was, the power was still there

Comment

Originally posted by O Prophet View Post
                      Last few years Pac has mostly fought featherfisted boxers like Bradley, Mayweather, Marquez, Algieri, Horn, Rios, and shot Matthyse.

Thurman has explosive KO power in both hands. Will 40 year old Pacs chin hold up?

Remember Pac was dropped by JMM in the 3rd round in their last fight and dropped by Hussein too.

Thurman has been hurt but never dropped.
                      Yes, sure... The last time Thurman stopped someone was back in 2013 (i.e. Jesús Soto Karass)...

Comment

Working...
                      X