No announcement yet.

Lost lost the mind games and then lost the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost lost the mind games and then lost the fight

I saw a lot of threads claiming Wilder won the mind games and the talk game but he didn’t and the result proved it.

He got completely exposed and embarrassed by a guy who’s still shaking the rust and nowhere near his best. A re-match would be even worse.

Fury would have been a tough match up for Wilder in any era. Fury upper body movement gave Deontay fits. I never seen him miss so many right hands.

I believe that Tyson height and reach played a major factor in that. In addition, He made Wilder miss punches that he typically lands in his sleep.

Wilder is just a one dimensional fighter. He could punch like a mule though but he was badly outclassed against Fury. He couldn't so much as lay a glove on him until later in the fight with those knockdowns.

Comment

Fury clearly rattled Wilder before the fight, and predictably, Wilder went steaming in trying to take his head off.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
        Fury clearly rattled Wilder before the fight, and predictably, Wilder went steaming in trying to take his head off.
        Yes, he won the mind games and the fight.

Comment

the "mind games" had nothing to do with anything

the only thing fury did to bother wilder was show up in the ring and do what he does...he frustrated wilder...he was a tough target to find for wilder...wilder never had that kind of trouble finding someones head like that...furys size also bothered him...that combined with his offense....throwing off feints and whatnot....

luckily for wilder he was finally able to find furys head clean in the last round...which was weird because it still wasnt in a good spot for someone to land well and clean...it was almost like a heatseaker....

Comment

hey chris...how did u feel about fury standing and hugging wilder and complimenting him while calling AJ a "chicken"?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              hey chris...how did u feel about fury standing and hugging wilder and complimenting him while calling AJ a "chicken"?
              I thought it was funny. He dislikes Joshua and that's a rivalry that's been brewing of course he wants to make him look bad.

I am not that invested in any of the heavyweights (I guess I will be in Usyk when he moves up) but I'm liking the fact big events are coming back to the division.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                I thought it was funny. He dislikes Joshua and that's a rivalry that's been brewing of course he wants to make him look bad.

I am not that invested in any of the heavyweights (I guess I will be in Usyk when he moves up) but I'm liking the fact big events are coming back to the division.
                they certainly are!! you should enjoy it and embrace it....and stop harping on the fact that wilder isnt loma...just enjoy him for what he is

also...im not invested in any fighter...im just a fan of the sport

Comment

He can punch hard doe.

Comment

Deontay always had a punche rs chance just like any big athletic nfl football player.
                    Even if the 2 knock downs were the only punches wilder threw and landed doesn't stop fact wilder was being schooled, even in rounds he knocked fury down.
                    A punch ers only chance is to nail opponent to floor and hope they don't get up. You don't win fights with 2 knkckdowns.
                    Maybe if a fight is close and the only thing to separate them is a knockdown. But not when one opponent is being outboxed

Comment

Working...
                    X