No announcement yet.

Louis/Tunney/Marciano/Walcott/etc.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louis/Tunney/Marciano/Walcott/etc.

I actually see people rate those oldtimers above Wladimir in another thread and I couldn't help but think - are people ******ed? Watch them in action. Wladimir was so much bigger, stronger and technically better, he is more experienced against quality opposition, he is fighting in an international era, not an American era. Fanboyism is insane, but to claim that the oldtimers can beat modern greats, that is simply ******ed. Povetkin woud beat all the oldtimers.

As far as legacy. Louis and Rocky are way above Wlad and are both top 5 heavys. The other 2 I have Wlad above both.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
      As far as legacy. Louis and Rocky are way above Wlad and are both top 5 heavys. The other 2 I have Wlad above both.
      Legacy, maybe, but in the ring, everyone hopefully agrees that Wladimir easily would beat all of them?

Comment

You don't know the difference between better and greater. You can't just pull someone from history and bring him to today and claim he isn't great. Advances in technology and knowledge etc means people are continually improving. It's like pulling Tesla or Einstein from history and comparing what they knew to what we know now, they wouldn't look so smart would they?

Comment

Originally posted by Banko Villas View Post
          Legacy, maybe, but in the ring, everyone hopefully agrees that Wladimir easily would beat all of them?
          I love Wlad, but you seriously think he would have beat Louis? Get a grip

Comment

it's nostalgia combined with blind patriotism and ignorance.

ezzard charles is one of the greatest fighters of all time, but to think that a 6 feet tall light heavyweight was a better hw than wladimir and would actually beat him if they fought is cringe worthy. and that's what some of those guys think and believe in. just look at the other thread.

Comment

Louis is greater.

None of the others are (as Heavyweights)

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                Louis would not stand a chance against Wladimir. Louis was too small, too flat-footed and struggled against guys that would not even be top 20 fighters today. Wladimir would stop him inside 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                  LOL? Louis got knocked out by a 5'11 light heavyweight. He was hittable. Imagine of a 6'6 250 pound heavyweight puncher gets a punch in his face.

Comment

Working...
                  X