Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two great fights not happening this year (or ever?) - Wilder/Povetkin GGG/Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two great fights not happening this year (or ever?) - Wilder/Povetkin GGG/Canelo

This is the current state of boxing. We got a drug cheat on one end and a belt dropper on the other.

These were excellent fights in the making that we all wanted to see. Hopefully for Golovkin and Wilder there are good things on the horizon.

Personally, I'm hoping to see GGG vs Jacobs and Wilder vs Haye next up.

How about the rest of you? What do you think of the state of boxing right now? What matchups do you want to see following on from this?

At least we have Ward vs Kovalev coming up later in the year, the fight for the current P4P best in the world. Still, it could've been a hell of a year if the other fights didn't fall through.

Also - What's next for Povetkin and Canelo? They've got an uphill battle building their rep again.

Comment

at least kova vs ward is happening

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        Exactly. Pretty much the saving grace of the year.

Comment

GGG wasted his chance for a mega fight

he should have accepted the 155 cw

full blame on him for the fight not happening

Canelo did all what he could to make the fight

but GGG's diva delusions got in the way

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            yeah, thank **** otherwise this year would be a monumental disaster

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
              Also - What's next for Povetkin and Canelo? They've got an uphill battle building their rep again.
              I don't care what happens with Povetkin. He had his chance and blew it. The Canelo question is a good one. He's boxed himself into this 155 BS and limited his opponents. What legitimate MW is going to come to 155? What 154 fighter will he bring up? He's not about to fight one of those hungry young lions at 154 like Adrade or Jermall and risk getting beat when he can get beat by GGG for way more money? He fought Khan. That shows what route they're trying to take. Fight known names who aren't a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
                Personally, I'm hoping to see GGG vs Jacobs and Wilder vs Haye next up.
                that would be great

as for canelo, i assume GBP is going to try again to get mayweather, pacquiao or cotto for september, with the back-up plan possibly being liam smith, who claims that he received an offer from GBP before they decided on khan last time

Comment

Working...
                X