Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would GGG and Kovalev be better off if they were managed by Haymon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would GGG and Kovalev be better off if they were managed by Haymon?

GGG, Kovalev, & their fanbase (Im assuming its the same) complain everyone ducks them and they are not getting the $$$/recognition they deserve, so do you think theyd be better off with Haymon? Please explain...

No way jose

Comment

They are just as big and popular as they would be with haymon.. Who is better known ggg and kovolev or quillen and Jacobs .. Haymon hasn't created anyone as close in popularity as ggg or kovolev..

I will say that ggg and kovolev are perfect for PBC network shows... They always deliver and would capture the casuals with their brutal destructions of opponents

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        They are just as big and popular as they would be with haymon.. Who is better known ggg and kovolev or quillen and Jacobs .. Haymon hasn't created anyone as close in popularity as ggg or kovolev..

I will say that ggg and kovolev are perfect for PBC network shows... They always deliver and would capture the casuals with their brutal destructions of opponents
        But theyd get the fights and the $ they want with the tv fame.

Comment

Golovkin may have got Pete Quillin and Daniel Jacobs by now.

Kovalev vs Stevenson would happen after 17 co-feature cards fighting guys like Rod Palpa and Jorge-Juan Hector Carlos Hernandez-Guerrero III.

Comment

No. Haymon Manages about 250 fighters. There are 480 minutes in an 8 hour working day. That means if a Haymon managed fighter is lucky they might get 2 minutes of his time a day. He is spread too thin and can't devoted the proper attention to each and every one of his 200 plus fighters. He manages fighters who might be matched into each other and that creates a conflict of interest. If two Haymon fighters are fighting each other then Haymon can't possibly get the best deal for one of his fighters without short changing the other one. Kovalev is doing well because he is managed by good knowledgeable people who do their best for him and only him.

Comment

Haymon would protect them like everyone else, they wouldn't get the matches people want. Why hasn't quillen fought Jacobs yet? He navigates his top guys around each other and has them fight his c level stable. It reminds me of wrestling from the the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                Haymon would protect them like everyone else, they wouldn't get the matches people want. Why hasn't quillen fought Jacobs yet? He navigates his top guys around each other and has them fight his c level stable. It reminds me of wrestling from the the 90s.
                I was thinking about this the other day, with the matchmaking it seems like they are trying to manufacture champions instead of letting the cream rise to the top. The commentating is also very biased, which again reminds me of the fake aspect of WWE.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  GGG, Kovalev, & their fanbase (Im assuming its the same) complain everyone ducks them and they are not getting the $$$/recognition they deserve, so do you think theyd be better off with Haymon? Please explain...
                  LIke everyone in Haymon's stable can fight each other. How many people have turned down J-Rock? Can't even get Jacobs and Quillin to fight... so how would either of them fight GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
                    I was thinking about this the other day, with the matchmaking it seems like they are trying to manufacture champions instead of letting the cream rise to the top. The commentating is also very biased, which again reminds me of the fake aspect of WWE.
                    that's what it seems like to me. He has his favourites and he matches them easy thinking people will love these guys if they run over their average opponent. Problem is, they're not. And what you get is a pretty uneventful fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X