Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defend Calzaghe's record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe wasnt the underdog to Lacy because Lacy was good, it was because Calzaghe had been so pathetic up till he fought Lacy that made him the underdog to a middling opponent like Jeff. Joe had literally fought one good prime opponent in his 10 year reign up to that point, and had owned a title that was meaningless for half those years, so if you do that you are bound to be the underdog.

Just imagine how pathetic your reign has to be for it to be ten years long and yet you are made an underdog to a young thumper who has faced noone himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      I dunno where this retcon of the Froch-Taylor fight comes from, I've seen it a few places.

As for Slapsie, while I believe he should feature strongly in a lot of fantasy match ups (yes, I believe he'd beat Ward, for one example) his career isn't, to say the least, the greatest.

The best pwn I've ever heard of Calzaghe was from Froch: "His career's got more question marks than the Riddler's cat suit."

Did he really say that?

Comment

• can't really defend it at all
        modicum of props for beating old Eubank
        tough win against Reid he possibly didn't deserve
        to his credit, as the older fighter, he owned 2 unbeaten champs to unify
        Calzaghe was a good fighter, but fuck his resume, it's garbage

Comment

• JOe's personality is kinda reflected in his resume, he was always **** scared of losing, he was petrified of getting beaten by good fighters. When the Lacy , Johnson and Kessler came along he was to varying degrees back pedddling trying to back out of the fights with fake injuries and stories. He didnt want to lose his unbeaten record.

Shame because he was never a bad fighter, if he had just pulled up his socks and been brave like Froch then he'd be well respected universally. His ****scaredness about his record held his career back, even though he didnt intend it that way.

Comment

• People can nitpick all they want but fact is, Cal was supposed to be creamed by Lacy and he whooped the hell out of him. It was a great win.

Beat Hopkins, Kessler, Bika, Reid (close fight) old Eubank and an old Jones. He'll be in the hall of fame but he is a few spots below the very best in his era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
              hahaha, racism. Only thing funny is that ***** ass signature you have. How slope jawed stupid do you have to be to believe that that tool is an ATG?

And who is "pisspac"? Sorry losers stay on topic, this is about Joe Calzaghes joke of a resume which his strongest nut riders cant do anything to defend other than to give out red karma, send creepy personal messages and whine with bad racist jokes.

Even his reasonable smart fans cant really defend the record or call him an ATG they'll just say he's very "good " or "above average" or "great"..

How sad is that? Why do people have such an emotional attachment defending this guy?

Comment

• Good? Yes

Overrated? Yes

ATG in Boxing? No

Comment

• It's almost as good as Jermain Taylors.

Comment

Working...
                  X