No announcement yet.

Should we b offended: No more Pac/Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we b offended: No more Pac/Marquez

Is Bob Arum playing us to be dummies? Does he think we will continue to be forced fed watching the same two warriors go at it time and time again. Yes, the make good fights, but Damn, its time to see other matchups... Am I the only one thinking this?

there's no point to a 5th fight
    it's great entertainment, but it's unnecessary
    the whole point of a 4th fight was for someone to finally get KO'd
    we got that, so it should be over
    neither guy has much left, and Pac's in the danger zone now

Comment

No, you're not. But as redundant as it is, this fifth fight has some significance.

Personally, I hope Marquez retires for good unless he's doing a farewell fight in Mexico.

Bob Arum does seem to think we're all pretty stupid if you listen to some of his pitches for his fights.

See also every undercard he put on, other than maybe a couple.

Comment

I totally agree. Let's say Pac Man knocks out Marquez the next time, then Arum will shove another fight down our throats.. Where is the cut off point? He is starting to offend me more than he is entertaining me.

Comment

well said....

Comment

I actually don't want to see a 5th fight but polls conducted by The RING, ESPN etc

say the 5th Marquez Pacquiao fight is the most demanded fight for 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              I actually don't want to see a 5th fight but polls conducted by The RING, ESPN etc

say the 5th Marquez Pacquiao fight is the most demanded fight for 2013.
              Was Pac vs Mayweather was in that poll?

Comment

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
                Was Pac vs Mayweather was in that poll?

Comment

I hope pac fans realize Marquez is going to average a "lucky" punch every 3 rounds he may not look as well while waiting on it but it will come.

Comment

I'd watch it, eff it. Fight #4 was a banger from opening bell. Two guys slowing down trying to prove a point, makes for excellent drama. JMM getting a butt whupping from the 4th on and then closing the show makes for good TV as well. PEDs makes for excellent and finally worth watching 24/7 entertainment.

I mean who else is there that is worth it? Pac/Mayweather? That sailed. If Mayweather wins, its like so what, you should have fought him at his peak in 09. Kinda like the Cotto win. Pac vs Bradley II will be another snoozer, that frankly Bradley doesn't deserve...Pac/Rios would probably be a fun fight, but then you'll get the morons who'll try to discredit it because its at 147, the money man's weightclass. Then if Pac wins, its because weight (the irony) and because Rios is tailor made, poor man's Margarito. So what's the point. Pac/Cotto II has next to no interest. Hell, Pac is going to get crapped on for taking a tune up in April.

As far as JMM, Mayweather rematch will be pointless, nobody wants to see another 12-0 clinic. JMM/Bradley...yawn. JMM/Malignaggi...eek. JMM/V. Ortiz would actually be kinda fun and JMM/Cotto for me is a dream fight since I love both of them. I mean options are just limited and Pac/JMM styles contrast so well, just let em fight get a fifth fight, make their money and be on their merry way.

You don't have to watch amazingly enough

Comment

Working...
                    X