No announcement yet.

Londoners, advice needed!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Londoners, advice needed!

Me and my brother are going to London next Saturday, can any of you reccomend a good area for us to get a Hotel? Not too bothered about price, just needs to be a nice area, with a bit of life, and central.

Cheers in advance!

Also any ideas as to what we could do in the evening? It's his birthday you see, so it's a suprise trip.

Comment

I dont know about hotels, your best bet is staying in west london if you want a safe area.

Going out, if you're having a few drinks your best bet is to go round soho/fitzrovia area. Lots of nice little pubs there which are ideal for mini pub crawls (just avoid the gay bars) and its central so you can easily get to where you wanna go to.

For clubs or general late night, it depends on your scene.

If you want edgy/slight dodgy go into East London or Camden.
      If you want to sip champers with the Hooray Henrys and Sloane rangers go round Chelsea area.
      If you wanna go and laugh at wannabe famous people go to clubs in Central Leicester Square are (avoid Metra club at all costs, full of posers and is ridiculously expensive (4.50 for a BOTTLE of stella).
      Raver? clubs like fabric, The End, The Key.

If you dont want to drink, theres stuff like the theatre (The Woman in Black is excellent cant remember what theatre its at but is well worth seeing if you're in the area). Brick Lane has banging curries. Ghost Walks are pretty cool, Bank and Whitechapel are where the best ones start.

For daytime theres the sights I'm sure you'll have an idea of what you wanna do.

Comment

Earls Court.

Comment

Originally posted by KingoftheAnts View Post
          I dont know about hotels, your best bet is staying in west london if you want a safe area.

Going out, if you're having a few drinks your best bet is to go round soho/fitzrovia area. Lots of nice little pubs there which are ideal for mini pub crawls (just avoid the gay bars) and its central so you can easily get to where you wanna go to.

For clubs or general late night, it depends on your scene.

If you want edgy/slight dodgy go into East London or Camden.
          If you want to sip champers with the Hooray Henrys and Sloane rangers go round Chelsea area.
          If you wanna go and laugh at wannabe famous people go to clubs in Central Leicester Square are (avoid Metra club at all costs, full of posers and is ridiculously expensive (4.50 for a BOTTLE of stella).
          Raver? clubs like fabric, The End, The Key.

If you dont want to drink, theres stuff like the theatre (The Woman in Black is excellent cant remember what theatre its at but is well worth seeing if you're in the area). Brick Lane has banging curries. Ghost Walks are pretty cool, Bank and Whitechapel are where the best ones start.

For daytime theres the sights I'm sure you'll have an idea of what you wanna do.

Cheers for the advice mate. Have got it all sorted now. We are straing in a hotel in kensington, and I have bought us a table at the PDC championships at Alexandra Palace.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
            Cheers for the advice mate. Have got it all sorted now. We are straing in a hotel in kensington, and I have bought us a table at the PDC championships at Alexandra Palace.
            no worries mate. But what you're gonna do beats anything that I suggested. Darts is great! A couple of my mates went to a PDC championship a few years back and said the atmosphere is as good as it looks on the tele!

Comment

Originally posted by KingoftheAnts View Post
              no worries mate. But what you're gonna do beats anything that I suggested. Darts is great! A couple of my mates went to a PDC championship a few years back and said the atmosphere is as good as it looks on the tele!
              Yeah, it's the big one as well. Not a season fixture, it's the world championships.

I'll defo pop up on telly as well cos of the table we have. I'll be waving one of those wipe clean message boards they give out. I might write "limey bum boy" on it for when the cameras come past.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
                Yeah, it's the big one as well. Not a season fixture, it's the world championships.

I'll defo pop up on telly as well cos of the table we have. I'll be waving one of those wipe clean message boards they give out. I might write "limey bum boy" on it for when the cameras come past.
                That'd be the ****. Get a "Vastine is a ****" one on the go as well.

Comment

Draw a **** on it, son
                  A big one with hairy balls.

Comment

Put one up saying "Free all the gay hatton 8" or "hurricane pwns"

Comment

Working...
                    X