Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts On Brit Prospect Josh Kelly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me of Naseem Hamed when he was under Ingle. Same haircut too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Not seen his fight against the Mexican. I always think about the lad he nailed with about 93 left hooks in a row.

I wonder if he packed it in after that.
      kid looked good

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        kid looked good

So relaxed in there. Interesting fighter he comes from a place with no real history but a big sporting fanbase as well. If he does climb up the levels he could be very popular

Comment

Not seen his fight against the Mexican. I always think about the lad he nailed with about 93 left hooks in a row.

I wonder if he packed it in after that.
          Might of packed it in haha
          http://www.boxrec.com/en/boxer/683698

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Not that impressed thus far.

Can't see that style taking him far.
            Im thinking solid fundamentals and a good jab ala Barrera vs Hamed or Wlad vs Haye.

If he is crazy talented then you never know. There is some method to what he does.

Im a believer in any hype being good hype so dont mind the attention he is getting at all.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              kid looked good

kinda bs stoppage in that fight.But was not gonna change outcome this kid the goods I think.Slick and athletic esp for white kid.he has those fast twich reflexes.

Comment

Originally posted by serious box View Post
                Might of packed it in haha
                http://www.boxrec.com/en/boxer/683698
                Fair enough like. It's not like he can say he was caught with a lucky shot.

Which left hook was lucky?

All the credit in the world to him for getting in there but 100% his mates cane him. He's gonna be getting left hooks for Christmas this year

Comment

Fair enough like. It's not like he can say he was caught with a lucky shot.

Which left hook was lucky?

All the credit in the world to him for getting in there but 100% his mates cane him. He's gonna be getting left hooks for Christmas this year
                  I know hahaha he stood stock still against the ropes probably hoped for ref intervention. That's if he had time to think he got pounced on ferociously.

Left hook is key out of the orthodox stance with a lefty. I'm left handed myself but fought orthodox when I did box and my best punch was a left hook counter id land it more often then not. End up making my opponent hesitant to throw.

Comment

Yes he's very talented. No he fights NOTHING like Lomachenko, idiots. Roy Jones Jr. As the kid himself has said. That's how he fights. Do I rate him highly? Yes. Do I think he'll come unstuck against constant pressure fighters that don't head hunt but go for the body? Yes. Why? The hands down style does not work...at the highest level against every opponent. Is he young enough and talented enough to adapt and learn? Yes. He's already on the highway to nowhere with Matchroom. 20+ bums I reckon. Maybe 30 bums. Just like Kell Brook and they'll keep describing him as the next Roy Jones Jr. Hearn already has. Sky already have. Eventually he'll snatch a belt off a nobody, continue to fight bums and the weakest mandatories ever until a real one comes along and makes him submit.

This kid can be great if he moves away from Hearn and goes to someone who will not care about building him up with bull****, padding him into something he's not instead throwing him in with Lions very quick and let him establish himself as a legitimate threat. A warrior who takes on all challenges.

If he goes the Kell Brook route of fighting the most ridiculous bums you've ever seen then you'll know why. Hearn.

I can see it now. Seriously. 20 ish bums or so down the road. A hometown football stadium fight at the Stadium Of Light in Sunderland. ****ing Hearn. Slimey bastard. If he can do it even with the likes of Tony Bellend at his hometown stadium, Goodison Park, you'll be sure he will do it for every one of his fighters when he can...all to sell out every single ticket to StubHub so he can get his percentage and claim it's a sellout.

Comment

Originally posted by serious box View Post
                      I know hahaha he stood stock still against the ropes probably hoped for ref intervention. That's if he had time to think he got pounced on ferociously.

Left hook is key out of the orthodox stance with a lefty. I'm left handed myself but fought orthodox when I did box and my best punch was a left hook counter id land it more often then not. End up making my opponent hesitant to throw.
                      Ah it's lovely shot as well looks aesthetically pleasing.

If he was my pal I'd have to take him out for a meal just so I could go down the menu and say 'sorry lad, they don't have any left hooks for you to eat.'

Comment

Working...
                      X