Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: World Boxing Super Series Cruiserweight Final in Saudi Arabia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see why Golden Boy thrived under Schafer. This guy is all business and has connections all around the world

Comment

great, watch some boxers punch each others heads off, and then literally watch some heads be taken off at a saudi market.

Perhaps Afghanistan or Yemen for Super series in 2019? and North Korea infront of an audience of 1 in 2020 (if Kim is not impressed he presses a button and a secret hatch below the ring opens up and the boxer drops to his doom in a shark infested tank)

ps: how is Kalle going to circumvent the Strict Saudi Drug laws? (punished by death)is he seriously considering going to the event without some sniff? i highly doubt it, we might see Kalle get his head chopped off

Comment

saudi arabia- that well known boxing nation. what a joke

Comment

Damn these guys are trying recoup losses in any way they can.

Definitely a one off. Or at least, a one off in divisions with few stars.

Atmosphere will be dead.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... the article is about the cruiserweight tournament (which included very good fighters from the Americas)...

... Zurdo just came back after an injury... and I remember that DeGale already lost vs Groves...
            Yes and I remarked that clearly they don't plan just to have it as a one off, which is fantastic news as I'd really like to see Zurdo and Degale involved in the next one.

Comment

Lmao I always thought it would be good idea or cool to have a match in a place like Dubai. Boxing used to take us all over the world. But I 4got(I was in 5th grade) Saudia Arabia was one of the countries that was suspected of bombing us.

Comment

what a great place to give someone the muhamad ali trophy. i know he was a muslim but was he the kind of chop your head off for apostasy muslim? we all remember the scene where will smith chopped off his wifes head dont we?

Comment

So the organisers overspent on the tournament and have mishandled the selling of TV rights so need to really chase the money wherever it can be found to recoup their investment?

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    So the organisers overspent on the tournament and have mishandled the selling of TV rights so need to really chase the money wherever it can be found to recoup their investment?
                    Pretty much. They've gotta be preying Braehmer or Brant don't get to the final of the supermiddleweight tournament

Comment

Women are allowed to drive as of 2 weeks ago. What a great country (or not).

Comment

Working...
                      X