No announcement yet.

Floyds Weakness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyds Weakness

Stright shots was his weakness,Cotto had succes with it,he had no stamina or chin to keep the tempo,but it was easier to hit floyd with stright punches then anyother shots ,cuas they fast and harder to predict,imo fighters wasnt useing them enough,just my observations

I disagree..i think the looping shots bother him more
    Last edited by Larry the boss; 11-10-2016, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
      I disagree..i yhink the looping shots bother him more
      You realy think so Larry?can you give some examples ?

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
        Stright shots was his weakness,Cotto had succes with it,he had no stamina or chin to keep the tempo,but it was easier to hit floyd with stright punches then anyother shots ,cuas they fast and harder to predict,imo fighters wasnt useing them enough,just my observations
        Its why they have 12 rounds , at some point everything is successful until its nullified and shut down , nothing works against Floyd over the length of the fight , just because something worked for a round or two does not mean its Floyds Achilles heel , everybody does things a little different than the next guy and so takes adjustment as they come .

Most of you guys dont see what Floyd does , the subtle changes he makes on the fly is what made him great , its not any single trait he has its the blending of his all .

Comment

It wasn't any particular punch that was his "weakness", it was the delivery. Maidana used awkward angled punches, which throw you off if you're a drill/reflex oriented fighter like Floyd. Straight shots got to him when they were preceded by a feint or movement that signaled a different kind of attack. Really didn't matter what they were throwing, it was more about catching him unprepared (which didn't happen often).

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Its why they have 12 rounds , at some point everything is successful until its nullified and shut down , nothing works against Floyd over the length of the fight , just because something worked for a round or two does not mean its Floyds Achilles heel , everybody does things a little different than the next guy and so takes adjustment as they come .

Most of you guys dont see what Floyd does , the subtle changes he makes on the fly is what made him great , its not any single trait he has its the blending of his all .
            I dont denay it,its a fact that Cotto was a little chiny back then; also he had rear succes that most fighters didnt have ,and Miguel was landing past 6th raund, i agree that Floyd could adjust to what was happening ,and he was one of the best in it

Comment

He had no glaring defensive weaknesses... Someone with an amazing jab would have given him some issues but I'm sure he'd just adapt and find a way to take it away.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                It wasn't any particular punch that was his "weakness", it was the delivery. Maidana used awkward angled punches, which throw you off if you're a drill/reflex oriented fighter like Floyd. Straight shots got to him when they were preceded by a feint or movement that signaled a different kind of attack. Really didn't matter what they were throwing, it was more about catching him unprepared (which didn't happen often).
                Thats why pac gave him toughter fight Then ppl thought ;but imo straight shots got to him cuse they are harder to defend then hooks ,i can say it from own experiance ,i agree that feints and angles matter, but in high level its norm

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                  Straight punches from the left hand. Whether it be an orthy jab or southpaw.

As for looping shots the overhand right or any left from a southpaw really

Strangely no one could touch him with the orthy left hook

It wasn't bad enough to be called weakness but these shots did land

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    He had no glaring defensive weaknesses... Someone with an amazing jab would have given him some issues but I'm sure he'd just adapt and find a way to take it away.
                    Yes

Floyd has a good jab himself

Oscar was pretty much loss when Floyd started jabbing back

Comment

Working...
                    X