No announcement yet.

Richard pryor son booed off stage at apollo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    I'm sure he did.. they would be plenty prior to Pryor I recon..
    Damn nastiness. I am not familair with much of Pryor's work, so I don't care for him. I enjoyed Marvin singing with Tammi Terrell though.

Comment

lol

Genetics is overrated. Seems like every guy who has been great at anything has a son or brother that can't do it at all.

Comment

I played in a band at the Apollo for a week in September 1969. Hard crowd, but if they like you, they LOVE you.
        I was playing bass and singing harmony. I heard a young black girl in the front row say to her friend "listen to that white boy sing!"

Comment

https://youtu.be/f_Ag_F-YDM8

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Delay View Post
            I love you cabron! You smart! Me stupid, old and stinky...

Thanks! Peace... I got a gift for you if we ever meet... Natalie mercheat singing cat Stevens peace train signed CD.

10,000 maniacs never got permission or the rights to use that song, cat Stevens became Yusef Islam, and his lawyer sued. 10,000 maniacs tried to pull the album, but I bought it at Rasputin records when I was a student at CAL... It's rare as **** homie. Some things you never sell, but you give them away.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Delay View Post
              Might have been received better if he was cracking jokes about his gay dad.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                Might have been received better if he was cracking jokes about his gay dad.

That crowd was unforgiving as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  Having a famous parent's name doesn't guarantee success or that the talent gene was passed on. That and the recent revelation that his dad was blowing Marlon Brando probably didn't help.
                  by the same rambling 90 year old guy who claimed he knew the kennedy assassin, gave the beatles music lessons, ivanka trump begged to date him, etc? all the guys he said were gay are dead & can't deny it too. Nobody alive is gay.

i think he was just goofing
                  Last edited by ////; 03-12-2018, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                    by the same rambling 90 year old guy who claimed he knew the kennedy assassin, gave the beatles music lessons, ivanka trump begged to date him, etc? all the guys he said were gay are dead & can't deny it too. Nobody alive is gay.

i think he was just goofing
                    Pryor's wife confirmed this.

Comment

Having a famous parent's name doesn't guarantee success or that the talent gene was passed on.
                      Originally posted by GGGthaGOAT View Post
                      lol

Genetics is overrated. Seems like every guy who has been great at anything has a son or brother that can't do it at all.
                      I think genetics matters in certain things & not in others. Look at all the famous athletes who have kids that seem to compete at high levels in sports. I mean you can dick measure the father or son against the other, but the reality is they were both in the top whatever % of basketball players, football players, or w/e quite often.

But I think the creativity/artist thing isn't pass on-able like having athletic DNA are. Most great artists had to work at it for years & years just to reach a level of decency usually. And I could probably list numerous examples of a good artist who begat a good artist, but the reality is the parent probably helped them along in that trajectory more than they got their parents creativity/artistic DNA passed on. Meanwhile the athletic DNA can be passed on + the parent can help the child on their journey giving them a much greater chance of success.

That and the recent revelation that his dad was blowing Marlon Brando probably didn't help.
                      I think most people familiar with Pryor knew he was "gay friendly" so I doubt that mattered, his son just kinda sucked & was taking too long to get there with his comedy. You can't go up & do comedy on Apollo or Americas Got Talent or that sorta structured show & take THAT f#cking long making people laugh.

Randomly I believe Pryor had some gay sex jokes, like with him in the joke lol, in his stand up shows at some point or another in his career. I know one of his closest associates was Paul Mooney who's among the most suspect guys in entertainment despite having a kid or three. So if Pryor & Mooney didn't suck each others dicks at some point in the doped up 70's I'd be f#cking shocked.

Comment

Working...
                      X