Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Views Wilder as Easier Fight Than Parker, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    If I had to resort to bigging up Chris Arreola to make a point .. I'd leave it alone and move on.
    But wait a second, it's a valid point. Andy Ruiz's best win before facing Parker was a 29-6-4 Ray Austin. Do you dispute that?

Why can't we have a productive back and forth discussion instead of you being so dismissive? Arreola was a four to one favorite over Stiverne. Arreola was 34-2. Stiverne had already knocked out Ray Austin, five years before Austin lost to Ruiz.

Think about that. Ruiz's best win was beating Ray Austin FIVE YEARS after Stiverne had already knocked him out.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Fair enough .. but it was you who started with the insults, not me!
      If that's the case, I sincerely apologize. Let's start fresh. In the future, if something I say seems off, give me a chance to explain myself. Let's disagree civilly from now on, explain ourselves, learn from each other, etc. The internet can be a beautiful thing or an ugly thing. I want you and I to set the example for others. I'll treat you with respect, you treat me with respect, and we'll discuss boxing like civilized adults. I'd love to learn more about boxing where you live.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        That is a matter of opinion. If you and I disagree over the quality of a win, that doesn't mean anybody is lying.

But when you say that somebody is #5 in TBRB, call me a liar, call me an idiot, and I definitively prove they were #3, that means you were lying. When you falsify evidence and are caught doing so, that means you were lying.

When you say a fight was canceled on a specific date, but the date was completely wrong, that means you were lying. When you say a fight was scheduled for a specific month, but the month was completely wrong, that means you were lying.

Because if it was just an honest mistake, you would acknowledge the mistake and apologize. Instead, you run and hide, then post more bull****. I've caught you lying over and over and over and over. And I prove it. Definitively. I post indisputable evidence proving you are lying. Over and over and over.

And that is why I don't want to waste anymore time talking to you. Because you have zero interest in an honest good faith discussion. Unless you can show some good faith, some common decency, and some basic manners, I'm going to have to block you. If you want to talk to me with respect, and have civil chats, I am willing. Anything less and I'm done.

I'm happy to answer any question that is asked civilly and in good fiath.

I believe the Stiverne who fought Arreola was better than the Ruiz who fought Parker. If you disagree, let's talk about it with respect and have a productive discussion.
        Anybody bigging up Arreola has issues ,how about we leave it at that !

The only question you should be answering is are your meds up to date !

Comment

And Joshua got rocked by Whyte, floored by a 41 y/o Klitschko not so fresh off a 2 year layoff, and was apparently dropped by Price at some point. Anyone can make an argument like that, and everyone knows styles makes fights. Parker beat Hugie, but Hugie is a Chris Byrd type fighter just looking to tap, peck and survive to get a win. Hard to look impressive there. You obviously know Parker has a chin and stamina. Anthony has had issues with this given the "mask" in his new training regimen amongst other things. Look at WK--he was a favorite over Fury similar to Wilder's odds over Ortiz. All I was saying was that given the pundits, pros, and former pros quotes and comments to the buildup of AJ's upcoming fight, it's just made to seem "not that wide". I agree with you that AJ wins. I don't know what fashion, but I HOPE inside 8. I've said on here since he's had 15 fights that he's the future of boxing. I'm not argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. That's ego sh *t.
          Wider than who thought?

Parker struggled with Andy Ruiz Jr. Andy Ruiz Jr. has never beaten anybody.

Parker struggled with Hughie Fury. Hughie Fury has never beaten anybody.

AJ likely demolishes Parker. Parker would have NEVER held a heavyweight title in the three belt era, let alone the two belt era. He is someone who could only become a "world" champion because people were dumb enough to recognize the WBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
            And Joshua got rocked by Whyte, floored by a 41 y/o Klitschko not so fresh off a 2 year layoff, and was apparently dropped by Price at some point. Anyone can make an argument like that, and everyone knows styles makes fights.
            Very true that styles make fights, but I've never seen anything from Parker that makes me believe it's likely he knocks out AJ and I don't see Parker getting a decision. So how does he win?

I've seen enough of AJ to believe he's the real deal and clearly one of top 3 heavyweights in the world (I have him at #1 in my rankings). Parker hasn't shown me anything that makes me believe he's at that tippy top level. I have very little regard for Andy Ruiz and Andy Ruiz nearly beat Parker in Parker's home turf. So for Parker to go to AJ's home turf and beat him, just seems extremely unlikely to me.

Comment

Again, I didn't say that Parker wins, I just noted that the odds are far wider spread than most imagined. And again, I said that I think AJ will win (you read my post, right?) And again again, I've said that I believe AJ will be the future of boxing. You may want to read the Froch interview on it just posted. I think that will shed some light on the level of AJ opposition as yet and the transitioning into the Wilder fight from a guy who's actually been in the ring and isn't just rating stuff at home like us. Have a great night!
              Very true that styles make fights, but I've never seen anything from Parker that makes me believe it's likely he knocks out AJ and I don't see Parker getting a decision. So how does he win?

I've seen enough of AJ to believe he's the real deal and clearly one of top 3 heavyweights in the world (I have him at #1 in my rankings). Parker hasn't shown me anything that makes me believe he's at that tippy top level. I have very little regard for Andy Ruiz and Andy Ruiz nearly beat Parker in Parker's home turf. So for Parker to go to AJ's home turf and beat him, just seems extremely unlikely to me.

Comment

Again, I didn't say that Parker wins, I just noted that the odds are far wider spread than most imagined. And again, I said that I think AJ will win (you read my post, right?) And again again, I've said that I believe AJ will be the future of boxing. You may want to read the Froch interview on it just posted. I think that will shed some light on the level of AJ opposition as yet and the transitioning into the Wilder fight from a guy who's actually been in the ring and isn't just rating stuff at home like us. Have a great night!
                But who were most? Most people you talk to? Most of your friends? The odds are in line with what I expected and what those I respect expected. None of us considered this a competitive fight.

If your circle, or those you pay attention to, expected differently, that's cool with me man. No issue. You were caught off guard by the odds. I wasn't. Maybe you have more respect for Parker than I have.

Comment

Joshua has yet to fight any real competition. Either has Wilder. Wilder hits harder but has defensive flaws. As far as I'm concerned both Joshua and Wilder show flaws and whoever hits who on the chin first should win the fight. I snicker when I here all the Joshua fan club squeal how he beat Klitchko! Yeah! A 41 year old already beaten Klitchko who hadn't fought in 15 months and he had to get off the floor to do it. Klitchko from 5 years ago would have sent Joshua to the hospital. Win lose or draw Joshua has too much muscle mass for a boxer and within a year or two will lose whatever stamina he has now and he'll be gone.

Comment

I would like you to take a break from this making others wrong and yourself right ego laden approach. For your piece of mind, I said, "Interviews of pros, former pros and pundits." Exactly that. I'm just going by people's remarks off of interviews easily accessible when using a google search for the current news on either fighter's name (if you look, you will see boxers of all weight classes weighing in over that past 2 months--but ya gotta do the work). You'll see many an EXPERT chiming in--people with much, much more experience than you or I. What I've noticed on here, is you tend to reply to almost every post down the thread of a particular story, use a passive aggressive line of conversation, and then try to walk it back if the person makes a good argument or talk about "we need to be the ones setting a good example on here". By all means, be a part of the solution and not of the precipitate, but leave me out of it. The unchecked ego is of zero interest to me. Have a great weekend!
                    But who were most? Most people you talk to? Most of your friends? The odds are in line with what I expected and what those I respect expected. None of us considered this a competitive fight.

If your circle, or those you pay attention to, expected differently, that's cool with me man. No issue. You were caught off guard by the odds. I wasn't. Maybe you have more respect for Parker than I have.

Comment

I would like you to take a break from this making others wrong and yourself right ego laden approach. For your piece of mind, I said, "Interviews of pros, former pros and pundits."
                      Has nothing to do with ego. You and I are influenced by different sources. Doesn't mean either of us are wrong. In my circle of friends when discussing the fight, Parker is considered to have no chance. Maybe we're completely wrong. We'll have to see. I just didn't find the odds surprising at all. You did. No big deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X