Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSA: why aren't people taking this COVID-19 seriously?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    If the real rate is 1.4 percent which is their best educated guess that is 14 times more lethal than the flu. Since we don't have a vaccine then potentially more people can become infected versus the flu. The kids going out on the beach?? Yeah some people are stupid.
    Thank you! I hate when people regurgitate that flawed ass argument.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
      My father is 79, still going to the hospital to treat his patients. I am very worry for him.
      My situation is F U, my wife and son are in the Caribbean with him as all flights were cancelled and I couldn't fly down there nor could they flight here in time.

This is not a joke of a virus. This is man made, it doesn't really react like a virus and spreads too easily. Just be careful, people are dying.
      That’s what I keep telling these idiots that it’s a biological weapon that’s out of control. It’s not a normal virus. But they want to argue against facts.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
        That’s what I keep telling these idiots that it’s a biological weapon that’s out of control. It’s not a normal virus. But they want to argue against facts.
        You’re an idiot. Man the fook up. You realize your wimpy ass attitude only panics others to produce stress hormones that affect the immune system. The world is in panic mode and that cortisol and adrenaline, jacked up particularly for those whom are really sick with existing complications, have more problems than those with mild symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
          Most people are idiots it seems. The sheer number of people who aren't taking it serious is mind blowing. The death toll across the globe doesn't seem to be a clear enough message for them.

The parks are more packed than they are usually. People who wouldn't normally go are now going. They are acting like its a bank holiday.

I'd assume lock down isn't far away here, it needs to be done as people just aren't listening to the advice from experts.
          A lot of people don't know the difference between linear and exponential growth. They look at the total numbers and shrug, 'more people die from flu each year, we don't get excited about that.'

If they could understand how quickly a disease which each new person gives to 3 others gets to tens of millions, maybe they'd understand why anyone who understands this is very worried.

Comment

So does anyone know of anyone else personally that has/had the virus or passed away because of it?? I don’t. And I’m not trying to minimize the severity of the issue, just an honest question.

Comment

Stupid "woke" motherfuqqers and conspiracy theorists who think they know more or ones who think they have uncovered a massive government coverup are to blame. SMDH

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
                It's extremely serious..

Mortality is only going to stay at the best case estimates of between 0.5 and 1.5 if everyone who requires it receives medical care.

This is a novel virus which means none of us have any immunity whatsoever. It's highly communicable and people can be asymptomatic yet highly infectious up to 10 days from contraction. It's right to say that its less deadly than Ebola, but it's far more communicable so a lot more people will get it.

In just the last 6 days the number of people who have died worldwide since this began doubled. The problem, is that if the number of infected continues to grow at exponential rates that healthcare response will be overwhelmed. There won't be ICU beds, there won't be ventilators and people who would otherwise be ok will die horrific deaths in quickly converted 'hospitals' aka sports centres and requisitioned hotels.

Then think of the others who won't get to see a doctor. That's when the mortality rate soars.
                This is all made up rambling nonsense. Post a source or keep me out yo mouth

Comment

Hurr durr its a biological weapon coz I read it somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/coro...-who-says.html

"“It took 67 days from the first reported case to reach 100,000 cases, 11 days for second 100,000 cases, and just four days for the third 100,000 cases,” WHO’s top official says."

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imp...16-03-2020.pdf

In the (unlikely) absence of any control measures or spontaneous changes in individual behaviour, we
                    would expect a peak in mortality (daily deaths) to occur after approximately 3 months (Figure 1A). In
                    such scenarios, given an estimated R0 of 2.4, we predict 81% of the GB and US populations would be
                    infected over the course of the epidemic. Epidemic timings are approximate given the limitations of
                    surveillance data in both countries: The epidemic is predicted to be broader in the US than in GB and
                    to peak slightly later. This is due to the larger geographic scale of the US, resulting in more distinct
                    localised epidemics across states (Figure 1B) than seen across GB. The higher peak in mortality in GB
                    is due to the smaller size of the country and its older population compared with the US. In total, in an
                    unmitigated epidemic, we would predict approximately 510,000 deaths in GB and 2.2 million in the
                    US, not accounting for the potential negative effects of health systems being overwhelmed on
                    mortality.
                    Last edited by Holler; 03-23-2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
                      You know what

You are right. Influenza is more dangerous!!!

Influenza is more contagious!!

I'm sure u can link me to an article that shows Influenza kill 800 people per day ?

Mah n1qqa

Comment

Working...
                      X