Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent examples of 1st world military coups or coups stopped by the armed populace.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    yeah i'd favour the military at 100 to 1 mate. I cant see general jim raynor and his buddies shooting down an apache or a jet very easily. Or do much when the tanks come rollling in. Or stop the navy firing down missiles. A couple of bombs on the redneck trailer parks will wipe a lot of them out.
    They'd have to destroy the entire country. A couple trailer parks won't get the job done

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      The civil war was the government fighting the government basically. Both sides were armed for a war. You got the government fighting the citizens, who are armed for duck hunting season, with this situation. Entirely different situation I'd argue.

And your whole hope is on a rag tag bunch of 82nd airborne soldiers, led by Jake Gyllenhaal is my guess, saying "f#ck the government" & getting a whole region of the country on their side to attack the government in some ultimate Rudy story. Its a lil made for TV-ish you gotta admit. Well unless I get my pick & Jake plays the lead role. Then I think we got a potential blockbuster on our hands.
      This whole thread is a little bit made for TV. So I'll go back to the point of my original post. The government isn't going to carpet bomb Atlanta and the rednecks aren't going to have to hijack tanks from the local National Guard base. There are consequences for the government going to far just as there are consequences for citizens going to far. And a big part of that is because citizens are well armed.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        You say deer Hunter, and duck Hunter like that's all the US has.
        I CLEARLY didn't say that so you are not reading what I'm saying or trying to put words in my mouth that I clearly didn't say to anyone reading my posts.

Originally posted by Eff Pandas
        I'm POSITIVE there are some bada$$es out there who'd hold their own in dire situations. I'm POSITIVE of that. I know people like that. I know the average person with a gun is a half a **** when the sh^t hits the fan or that would be a solid estimate I believe.
        Did all the veterans leave? Or did they side with army? The fact remains that if I can recruit 1 out of every 200 or so Americans being combat ready, not just "whatever that means to a deer hunter " (Which I thought was a little derisive on your part), then we will have the army outnumbered.
        Come on man. Am I giving you TOO MUCH CREDIT?

Numbers matter sure. But are you taking into account the superior weaponry of the government? Are you taking into account the ability to be the strategically stronger force? Are you taking into account the ability to stay in constant contact with multiple forces before, during & after a battle? Are you taking into account the trust soldiers have built with other soldiers through training & being in other battles together? Are you taking into account the access to ammunition & their ability to equally distribute it to every soldier or as needed in regions with more enemy combatants? I don't think you are or you are severely discounting our military.

I'd equate this to whoever you think is the #1 boxer in the world right now fighting a guy who outweighs the #1 guy by 50 or so lbs maybe & who's had lil to some fighting experience but is maybe a lil older now & hasn't realllllllly thrown a punch in years. You don't think the #1 boxer in the world is winning that fight under professional boxing rules? If so were you one of those cats predicting the McGregor win?

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
          This whole thread is a little bit made for TV.
          Well sure. But its silly propaganda/brainwashing that has some of you thinking this is as impossible as some are acting like.

The government is making decisions that benefit a small, but powerful community of people all the time you could argue. The recent tax benefits were of huge benefit to the richest among us. I'd argue its more silly to think things couldn't, at some point, come down to the government killing citizens in a war for the benefit of a small, but powerful segment of Americans than it is to think it couldn't.

Comment

"Cletus coming to save the country y'all...he's at the piggly picking up some kool aid & tampons for Becky Sue, but hold on tight he's coming"
            An army vs 6x more dipsh^ts with guns without leadership or fractured leadership best case probably just leads to more friendly fire deaths than any other battle in history...

Would look like a Div I football team vs a Div III football team real quick.

I'll take a trained military over a bunch of nitwits with hunting rifles (probably a good % of the armed citizens) any day of the week. Sure there will be people with experience, but they'll be leading mostly a bunch of Police Academy Steve Guttenberg mfers..

A bunch of duck hunting mfers aren't stopping a trained military...
            The cook in the army is the guy you'd rather have have you back then the duck hunter citizen guy.

I bet a good % of gun owners would be too p#ssy to kill a mfer when it came down to it or be pissing themselves in a armed gun battle...
            I think you are extremely hopeful of the average US dipsh^t with a gun... average person with a gun is a half a ****...You'd still have confused mfers shooting themselves or shooting their own guys in fear.

Like I said the first day of this battle would involve more citizens killing other citizens ...
            ... It can't be f#cked with by a bunch of squirrel gun having mfers...
            And okay you got 2 people outta 100 "battle ready", whatever that means to the average deer hunter. The problem isn't those 2 mfers its the other 98 mfers f#cking sh^t up at that point.
            You got the government fighting the citizens, who are armed for duck hunting season...
            I CLEARLY didn't say that so you are not reading what I'm saying or trying to put words in my mouth that I clearly didn't say to anyone reading my posts.
            That's what it sounds like you're saying, to me. Duck hunters, squirrel guns, deer hunters, running around shooting each other on the first day.

But I like the description. It reminds me of "the JV team riding around in pickups" How long did it take us to beat ISIS, with help from the global community? How many years? Can the government hold out that long, especially when employers stop mailing their quarterlies?

Comment

Well sure. But its silly propaganda/brainwashing that has some of you thinking this is as impossible as some are acting like.

The government is making decisions that benefit a small, but powerful community of people all the time you could argue. The recent tax benefits were of huge benefit to the richest among us. I'd argue its more silly to think things couldn't, at some point, come down to the government killing citizens in a war for the benefit of a small, but powerful segment of Americans than it is to think it couldn't.
              Sure its possible. I'm just saying that in the event it does go down, not everyone is going to just bow down to the Feds like you seem to think. I have zero doubt if it comes down to the Feds murdering people in the middle of the street via the military, it will rise up to a Civil War like level. How catastrophic it will be will come down to who and how many decide to rise up. And the scenario I laid out for a state giving the finger to the Feds is just as plausible as the scenario you just gave.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                That's what it sounds like you're saying, to me. Duck hunters, squirrel guns, deer hunters, running around shooting each other on the first day.

But I like the description. It reminds me of "the JV team riding around in pickups" How long did it take us to beat ISIS, with help from the global community? How many years? Can the government hold out that long, especially when employers stop mailing their quarterlies?
                I see you avoid most of my argument that I just made. Good move cuz its a losing argument for you in thinking Cletus & company are beating the best military in the world.

And yea MOST OF THESE dipsh^ts with guns are dipsh^ts with guns hence my dipsh^ts with guns average gun owner stance. But yea there are SOME BADA$$ES with guns too, but they are a huge minority + old + out of shape + out of real battle flow + a million other things that means they'll be gotten later than most of the dipsh^ts, but gotten all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Key word is the PAST.

Most of you dumb ****s don't even know your own history. You think YOU won revolutionary war not France.

LMAO, did you just say a bunch of American revolutionaries didn't defeat the ENTIRE British army??

LMAO.....

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    I guess a Brit has to say whatever he needs to to cope with the fact that a rag tag militia kicked your as$.
                    YES..

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                      LMAO, did you just say a bunch of American revolutionaries didn't defeat the ENTIRE British army??

LMAO.....
                      Yes. Not even close. The British were defending their colonies all around the world against France etc. Americans are deluded if they think THEY defeated Britain.

It's worse than you fat idiots claiming you won the world wars.

Comment

Working...
                      X