Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can trimming down weight while weightlifting to improve sheer physical strength...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLGLeo1995 View Post
    go hand-in-hand?

I'm just wondering since I'm currently getting back into amateur boxing competition again and I'm trying to drop down from 210lbs to 165lbs in just a few months while I do some yoga(to be more flexible and laxed with body for lateral movement), plyometrics(to improve agility), and weight-training(with some degree of powerlifting) on the weekends, I'm just not so sure if they all go hand-in-hand since weightlifting to increase strength to lift heavier often usually affects cardio, agility and overall fast-twitch muscle in a negative way while weightlifting can also bulk you up(which I'm not aiming to do).

I'm not aiming to be a powerlifter when I weight train or anything. Just plan on doing it to improve sheer strength and use it as an advantage in boxing.
    My suggestion would be to dump the yoga, plyometrics and powerlifting and focus on weight training done in such a manner that it simultaneously--and dramatically--improves strength, flexibility and cardiovascular fitness.

Whole-body high-intensity training accomplishes this. See http://www.arthurjonesexercise.com/Athletic/Total.PDF for example.

My favorite site on the subject: Baye.com

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post

This is my boxing transformation. 7 months apart.
      shave that body hair, to be fast like a swimmer!

Comment

Working...
      X