Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Won't Chase a KO: I've Got To Be Clever Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A win is a win no matter how it's achieved, but fans expect a PPV star to get KO's. I reckon AJ will be back to form with a stoppage in 3rd quarter of the fight, hopefully another highlight reel uppercut. Povetkin's main weapon is the looping hook, similar to Whyte....... hopefully another fight like that one please! I just don't want to pay and then see another performance like the Parker fight. I can forgive the Takam fight as he was a last min replacement that was a totally different type of fighter to Pulev who pulled out.
    Wilder vs Fury will go one of 2 ways; 1) Fury's not back to full sharpness and gets sparked out by a random wild swing or 2) He dances around Wilder and wins on points - assuming it's not the same judges as Wilder vs Ortiz. Either way the only thing that drives boredom away is Wilder landing 1 big shot, Fury is quite possibly the most boring elite level HW I've ever seen fight.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
      If that is what he thinks go back to Sky Sports people are paying for PPV to see Knockout, not the rubbish you did against Parker or Takam, i think Joshua is gun shy
      Yep. He's become so since the Wlad fight. A lot of pressure is on Joshua & he doesn't strike me as someone good at handling the pressure. He disappeared during the height of the Wilder fight talk and let Eddie do all the talking. Then when it was safe to come out he told the fans to go fight Wilder. Mentally he's vulnerable right now

Comment

Love how the interviews from 2 weeks ago he says he knows he must finish Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          Didn't he just say he'd be more aggressive with Povetkin?
          He actually did say that😢😢

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Love how the interviews from 2 weeks ago he says he knows he must finish Povetkin.
            Yeah exactly, dude should just shut up and fight.

Comment

The only way Povetkin wins the fight is by getting inside and getting the KO which he certainly has a chance of doing. the fact he will be willing to risk it all by doing that will leave him open to a big AJ shot.

This fight should be good while it lasts and will be a KO one way or the other.

Comment

You guys are funny. And stupid. This guy is undefeated, with a KO % of 99%, fights top ten opponents, stays humble and doesnt talk ****, what more do you want from a boxer? Should he fight bums and say hes the greatest like Wilder? Or should he get all the belts and then piss them away like Fury? The hatred for this guy is laughable. You guys are backwards by loving Fury and Wilder, and hating AJ. But I get it I guess, hes on top so you guys have to dislike everything he does. If Wilder or Fury was fighting Povetkin, you guys would praise the fight and say nothing but good things about it. But since its AJ fighting him, its somehow a crap fight. Pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                  You guys are funny. And stupid. This guy is undefeated, with a KO % of 99%, fights top ten opponents, stays humble and doesnt talk ****, what more do you want from a boxer? Should he fight bums and say hes the greatest like Wilder? Or should he get all the belts and then piss them away like Fury? The hatred for this guy is laughable. You guys are backwards by loving Fury and Wilder, and hating AJ. But I get it I guess, hes on top so you guys have to dislike everything he does. If Wilder or Fury was fighting Povetkin, you guys would praise the fight and say nothing but good things about it. But since its AJ fighting him, its somehow a crap fight. Pathetic
                  someone speaking sense for once

Comment

Didnt he just say he wants to ko pedvtkin? This guy is all over the place. I expect a 9th rd ko

Comment

Good and still willing to learn

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                      Joshua is good and he is still willing to learn a more defensive style like Wladimir K, who basically beat Povetkin by leaning on him and throwing him to the floor. Joshua has the defensive part, but is not doing the leaning and fowling to wear an opponent down, or pull the opponents defensive guard away with his long left to then hit him with the right a Vlad tactic. I suppose he is also trying to do what Lennox did and beat people with a stiff jab then big rights when ready and weakened. Though Lennox would also take people out early if the opportunity arose where as Wlad was always more careful. Learning the above can lead to a win but in a very safe way, also he will be able to ride out a storm with someone like Wilder if he gets hurt, and or frustrate them so they take risks and he gets in their first. luckily Wilder has taken ages to learn to box and is still cautious and not that good a boxer, luckily Fury a good boxer, hits you with pillows. Hughie Fury a good boxer has finally realized he needs to learn to hit hard. Joshua realized defense must also be learned, but he now needs to get the balance right and throw hard punches and attack at the right time.

Comment

Working...
                      X