Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a prime Povetkin go 12 rounds with Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could a prime Povetkin go 12 rounds with Lennox Lewis?

I have been wondering what would happen if a young, fit, highly motivated Alexander Povetkin faced an aging version of Lennox Lewis that fought Vitali. Could Povetkin last 12 rounds with that version of Lennox?

Please vote and explain your choice.

Also, please keep in mind that we are talking about an older, slower, fatter version of Lennox Lewis. On the other hand, even that version of Lewis had more killer instinct than Wlad Klitschko, who, even in his prime, usually followed a jab with a brutal hug.
    Definitely not. Lennox Lewis stops Povetkin.
    39.29%
    Probabably not. Lennox will most likely stop Povetkin.
    28.57%
    Undecided. They are evenly matched.
    0.00%
    Probably. A prime Povetkin is skilled enough to last 12 rounds with Lennox.
    14.29%
    Absolutely! Povetkin is good enough to go 12 rounds with Lewis.
    16.07%
    Not only will Povetkin 'last' 12 rounds, but he will win the fight!!
    1.79%

Povetkin is better than Rahman in every way so no reason he wouldn't have that kind of chance even if the odds were not in his favor. I don't think there's any way he wins a decision though.

The most likely outcome is that he gets worn out and spends the final rounds just surviving, drops a decision. I've rarely seen him get hurt bad though or close to stopped.

Klitschkos's strategy was horrible to watch but very effective vs a shorter fighter with big power. Lewis would be wise to follow it.
    Last edited by ////; 02-24-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

There's a 1 percent chance he'd land a hail.mary but 99 times out of 100 Lewis would beat the living crap out of him.

Comment

Lennox is prone to letting his guard down and making a mistake (McCall, Rahman) so there's a chance, but like mentioned above, Lennox wins 99% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
          Povetkin is better than Rahman in every way so no reason he wouldn't have that kind of chance even if the odds were not in his favor. I don't think there's any way he wins a decision though.

The most likely outcome is that he gets worn out and spends the final rounds just surviving, drops a decision. I've rarely seen him get hurt bad though or close to stopped.

Klitschkos's strategy was horrible to watch but very effective vs a shorter fighter with big power. Lewis would be wise to follow it.
          Couldn't Povetkin have done a better job on Lennox Lewis than Ray Mercer did? Or at the very least, put on a similar level of performance?

Comment

Alexander Povetkin has never been stopped in his amateur or pro career. And Lennox Lewis, even when young and in his prime, failed to stop Zeljko Mavrovic. So why couldn't Alexander Povetkin not only survive, but possibly pull off a victory when he is a lot better with a better pedigree than Mavrovic?

Comment

If Lennox shows up unmotivated, Povetkin has a chance, but most likely Lennox plants that jab in his face all night and eventually puts him to sleep with a big right hand

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                If Lennox shows up unmotivated, Povetkin has a chance, but most likely Lennox plants that jab in his face all night and eventually puts him to sleep with a big right hand
                You mean the same way he put Zeljo Mavrovic and Ray Mercer to sleep? Or Levi Dillups?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                  You mean the same way he put Zeljo Mavrovic and Ray Mercer to sleep? Or Levi Dillups?
                  So because a few guys went the distance with him, Povetkin automatically goes the distance? How about all the dude's Lennox KTFO, I can certainly list a lot more names then you will be able to. And Mavrovic ate some of the most hellacious punches I've ever seen anyone take, that dude had a chin of adamantium, but there's a reason he never fought again after that fight.

My opinion is that Povetkin is more likely to get stopped then go the distance, but I can see a scenario where the latter happens. But if I'm a betting man, give me Lennox by KO.

And btw, you don't seem a whole lot like "Mr. Objectivity" in this thread...

Comment

The only version of prime Pedvetkin was loaded with PED's, if he has his meldonium it's possible.

Lewis was the heaviest of his career that fight, old, fat, unmotivated, it was the worst versions of Lewis since maybe ever. Still, Pedvetkin's defense is terrible, he gets hit against practically every single opponent and Lewis still carried a lot of power.

Comment

Working...
                    X