No announcement yet.

Should kovalev be ranked higher PFP?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should kovalev be ranked higher PFP?

I mean his losses to the great andre ward were razor thin, had they been on neutral turf- you all know the outcomes could have been very different.

Andre Ward is retired. Andre ward is the only guy to really give him a fight at all, chilemba was competitive but kov clearly won.

Kov's resume is as good or better than some of the folks ranked ahead of him.

Most pundits had him beating ward in the first fight...So did I. ANd andre ward was number 1 in a lot of peoples minds............................................. .............

I personally grade him pretty high, but back to back losses is a tough thing. Really hard to include someone in the top 10 when that happens, even if P4P is about much more than just records. That said, the guy he lost to was in the top 5 and became #1, so it's not like they were embarrassing losses. I think an impressive win over one of the top 5 in the div should put him back on the P4P list. Getting back to #2 would mean dominating the division, which I think he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
      I mean his losses to the great andre ward were razor thin, had they been on neutral turf- you all know the outcomes could have been very different.

Andre Ward is retired. Andre ward is the only guy to really give him a fight at all, chilemba was competitive but kov clearly won.

Most pundits had him beating ward in the first fight...So did I. ANd andre ward was number 1 in a lot of peoples minds............................................. .............
      Kill yourself u taking up space somebody could use

Comment

I got him at 9

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I personally grade him pretty high, but back to back losses is a tough thing. Really hard to include someone in the top 10 when that happens, even if P4P is about much more than just records. That said, the guy he lost to was in the top 5 and became #1, so it's not like they were embarrassing losses. I think an impressive win over one of the top 5 in the div should put him back on the P4P list. Getting back to #2 would mean dominating the division, which I think he can do.
          Fair-It's unfortunate we won't see a Stevenson clash. The division is becoming stacked under everyone noses

For example though, maidanas fights with foyd, who was #1 pfp at the time, elevated him tremendously for good reason as he performed so much better than all floyds previous foes.

Comment

Originally posted by german12johnson View Post
            whatch me whiiip, watch me naye naye

Comment

He's still top 10 but could do with a good win against a bivol or beterbiev. Neither of them fights would be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by german12johnson View Post
                ANd this ladies and gentlemen, comes from a guy named "german12johnson"

How much do you enjoy German Johnsons??????

Comment

His resume is razor thin, no signature wins. A couple decent wins in Chilemba, Pascal and ancient BHop...that's it. He doesn't have a top 10 P4P fighter's resume.

Comment

ANd this ladies and gentlemen, comes from a guy named "german12johnson"

How much do you enjoy German Johnsons??????
                    He's referring to a 12 inch german sausage he got his lips round at a oktober festival being manhandled by hairy arsed blokes resembling Viking with monster shlong. Making him eat their ballbags n that

Comment

Working...
                    X