Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Winky Wright vs GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At 154, winky all day. At 160 definitely ggg. And btw ggg does not possess a style that winks would struggle against. I dunno why ppl are saying that. Golovkin isn't a volume puncher.

Comment

Winkys defense was pretty much impregabke. He defended both his face and body with long arms and he was a master at timing and distance. He really was a master boxer. On par with anyone from his era. Golovkin would beat him at 160 because he was never prime in that division.

Comment

Winky... great fighter but could he withstand GGG's power? I dont know man, GGG's power is real though, and if needs be he can box too!.

Comment

Winky was too stationary and didn't have the pop to keep GGG off of him

Comment

Winky was a natural 154lber and we never even saw prime Winky fight at 160. I don't like the high guard against a fighter with GGGs power, but Winky is a great fighter and Golovkin would have to work hard, probably for an entire 12 rounds because finishing Winky would be terribly difficult.

Comment

Honestly, I haven't seen this fight in a while, but I think it'll look a lot like Vargas-Wright... Except Triple G will win more convincingly than Vargas did.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                Winkys defense was pretty much impregabke. He defended both his face and body with long arms and he was a master at timing and distance. He really was a master boxer. On par with anyone from his era. Golovkin would beat him at 160 because he was never prime in that division.
                It's a horrible style when matched up against a puncher who knows how to create openings. Winky's face was battered by the light hitting Soliman for christ sake. He takes a big beating against GGG.

Comment

Working...
                X