Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 09-30-2016, 08:14 PM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Bloodvenger has much to be proud ofBloodvenger has much to be proud ofBloodvenger has much to be proud ofBloodvenger has much to be proud ofBloodvenger has much to be proud ofBloodvenger has much to be proud ofBloodvenger has much to be proud ofBloodvenger has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 200,000,000,000,042,848.00
Question Manny Pacquiao's Legacy- should Pacman have retired after the Mosley fight?

Pac-Mania was at an all time high at the time of the Mosley fight in 2011. Pacquiao was considered a living legend- 8 division world champion, rankd the #1 fighter in the world P4P by most sporting websites, some even considering him one of the Greatest of all Time. Had dominant wins over Barrera, Morales, Diaz, Oscar Delahoya, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito, Mosley, etc.

People were actually comparing him to the likes of Ali, Leonard, and Robinson. Celebrities like Jessica Alba, Paris Hilton visiting him in camp. Hordes of people attending his concerts. Pac fans flooding the web claiming he could KO Prime Tyson. Everyone thought Floyd was scared of him. The idea of Pacquiao losing wasn't even a thought in most people's minds. Man..... I miss those days....

And then the 3rd Marquez fight happened and everything changed. He failed to beat Marquez convincingly, officially lost to Bradley, hasn't had a knockout since, got KO'ed by Marquez, and lost to Floyd. Wins over Rios and Algieri did nothing for his legacy. No more concerts, no more celebrities. Nike drops him. LGBT hates him and detractors criticize and laugh at him...... Dude is fighting Jesse Vargas next FFS and HBO won't even show it......

Don't get me wrong, Manny's still an ATG, the only 8-division champ in history and his WW run was legendary, but I truly believe that had Pacquiao retired after the Mosley fight, his status would be much greater, he'd still be considered on par with the likes of Ali and Robinson and most likely ranked above Floyd.

Everything that Pacquiao did after the 2011 Mosley fight has hurt his legacy and reputation little by little.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Bloodvenger; 09-30-2016 at 08:18 PM.
Bloodvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-30-2016, 09:01 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 8563 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 158,261,139,987,599,360,000.00
Total Points: 200,163,155,359,893,901,279,232.00
Beers up! - anthonydavid11 Savagely funny - Polarbear No Message - Jamie harris Pimpin aint easy and NSB staff literally have Taco Bell parties - SugarKaineHook Thanks again! - Oldschool5 
I love you - BombZquad Here's an umbrella to keep your mullet dry when it rains - Mike D Here's an umbrella to keep your mullet dry when it rains - Mike D for jhonny to munch on - Sup You're the man! - JimRaynor 
Cheers Jhonny!  SOG!  SOG! - Redd Foxx Enjoy this tasty burger! - JimRaynor Happy Hanukkah - Freedom. Learn English.  U faggot. - HAMMER77777 Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 
Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! 

I think he could have retired, but he wanted the money. JMM KTFO 6 and seeing him not moving for almost three min was scary. PAC fights for the cash, and his country.
Zaroku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:27 PM #3
Am vise de peste.. 10's

Quoted: 1878 Post(s)
BM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond reputeBM dnobagaV has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8.83
Total Points: 187,791,168,740,483,563,520.00
Cool thread - Brick Top Eat a dick - No Diggity erectile dysfunction - Omowale Tribe Conor Fucking McGregor! - PF Rudyo Love you mate. - BM dnobagaV 
good times - Weltschmerz No Message - ScottWeiland fir putting me on ignore rist - Shaolin Sword I saw your thread about liking BBC.  Put this in ya VaJayJay Bltch :lol1: - travestyny 

Yeah, but the Bradley 2 win is still arguably one of his best.

It's hard for fighters to retire at the top. Why would Manny have retired still practically in his prime in 2011?

His only mistakes were fighting JMM 2 more times for no apparent reasons. 1m+ PPV buys each, but logically, no reason.
BM dnobagaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:54 PM #4
Interim Champion

Quoted: 464 Post(s)
KLockard23 has a reputation beyond reputeKLockard23 has a reputation beyond reputeKLockard23 has a reputation beyond reputeKLockard23 has a reputation beyond reputeKLockard23 has a reputation beyond reputeKLockard23 has a reputation beyond reputeKLockard23 has a reputation beyond reputeKLockard23 has a reputation beyond reputeKLockard23 has a reputation beyond reputeKLockard23 has a reputation beyond reputeKLockard23 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 76,181.37

Him retiring before fighting Floyd would have been a mistake and a mark on his legacy. He still had something to give to the sport.
KLockard23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:02 PM #5
LOL @ U

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Aristocrat has a reputation beyond reputeAristocrat has a reputation beyond reputeAristocrat has a reputation beyond reputeAristocrat has a reputation beyond reputeAristocrat has a reputation beyond reputeAristocrat has a reputation beyond reputeAristocrat has a reputation beyond reputeAristocrat has a reputation beyond reputeAristocrat has a reputation beyond reputeAristocrat has a reputation beyond reputeAristocrat has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,493,197.77
Cheers! - Mighty_Windir I'll drink to Zoe - bigdlb12 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigdlb12 

No. If anything Manny shouldnt have fought Marquez for the 4th time. Should've just rematched Bradley immediately
Aristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:04 PM #6
I Can Do ALL Things

Quoted: 13240 Post(s)
Beercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond reputeBeercules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 309,804,387,521,591,424.00
Total Points: 100,281,755,168,547,541,090,304.00
:beerchug: cheers broski! - -jose- Happy Cinco De Mayo. Lets get wasted. - Santa_ Big Pun 4eva!!!! son! - -jose- Canelo&gt;GGG - HiLo Rudyo! Boxing Scene's sweetheart - dirty fingers 
That Floyd-Ward post was hysterical.. lol - BoxingFan85 You funny ass motherf**ker - Mike D Keep up the GREAT POSTS! - anthonydavid11 This avatar is driving me fucking nuts - PF Rudyo Trump baby!  Cheers bro - krazyn8tive 
Being a well respected member of boxingscene society - JimRaynor I'm digging the Xmas thread!  :fing02: - -jose- I just finished getting over some fcuked virus myself, hope you feel better B! - -jose- kangz an shiiieeeett - Sup Good luck with your dad, brother. - anthonydavid11 
A drink for you pops, hope he gets better! - JimRaynor My dad was a dolphin. - Vegemil we ouchea' eatin' n shiieeee - Sup stay strong - Santa_ For your old man. - b morph 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Beercules Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - jas Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Beercules Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
Hepatitis C - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Beercules 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Beercules Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Beercules Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Amazinger Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sup 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristocrat View Post
No. If anything Manny shouldnt have fought Marquez for the 4th time. Should've just rematched Bradley immediately
Always felt that way also.
Beercules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:11 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3363 Post(s)
Thraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,649,322.57
Total Points: 634,734,787.63
You have some nice nipples there. - Vegemil First Rate Poster - ironmt Use a small dildo you Butthurt pac turd - Robbie Barrett Continually making great posts - ironmt 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Willy Wanker 

Pacquiao was passed his prime by 2011, after Wars in Margo and many more the need for retirement was considered. Despite having a decorated career there was challenges that were unfinished (Decisively beating Marquez and the Mayweather Fight) Then Bradley came along, and then the Knockout.

And Also, P4P he accomplished more than Floyd. He would be in the rankings higher than Floyd.

The Thing we are mistaking is basically our expectations for Pacquiao is basically too high, thinking he is superman or something, and once we found out that he is only human (JMM KO) He was slammed for being beaten (Detractors) But still Even after he was passed his Prime he still has some good wins in the likes of Bradley (Future HOF) So his Legacy is intact.
Thraxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:11 PM #8
#1 Floyd Hater

Quoted: 1688 Post(s)
PAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,411,284,162,721,388,429,312.00
Total Points: 4,411,284,162,721,388,429,312.00
No Message - sickwitit No Message - BOSSHOGG No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - miamijohn No Message - PAC-BOY 
No Message - miamijohn No Message - sickwitit No Message - MR ITALIAN No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - miamijohn 
No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - PAC-BOY joining the club - MANIAC310 Happy Birthday love :kiss: - Bossy 
40,000!!!!!!!! - I'm so sorry Happy holidays bro! - led* Awesome sig - BulgariasFinest No Message - -jose- Merry Christmas and Happy 2016 - Freedom. 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - sickwitit Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MR ITALIAN Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - PAC-BOY Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rubber Duck 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MR ITALIAN Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - miamijohn Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - miamijohn Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rubber Duck Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rubber Duck 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MR ITALIAN Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sugar Freddi Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad 

Manny is still beating prime guys. He has a lot of options right now. Lets see how he does with his next fight. There are still big paydays and big fights for him to get into. Especially if the promoters get along and make a fight happen.
PAC-BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:14 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3363 Post(s)
Thraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond reputeThraxox has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,649,322.57
Total Points: 634,734,787.63
You have some nice nipples there. - Vegemil First Rate Poster - ironmt Use a small dildo you Butthurt pac turd - Robbie Barrett Continually making great posts - ironmt 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Willy Wanker 

Usually boxers are under appreciated when they are still active ( Like Hagler ) But once the years has passed by we realized that they are good men. Just give it five years or so after his retirement.
Thraxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:23 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Elotero is infamous around these partsElotero is infamous around these partsElotero is infamous around these partsElotero is infamous around these partsElotero is infamous around these partsElotero is infamous around these partsElotero is infamous around these partsElotero is infamous around these partsElotero is infamous around these partsElotero is infamous around these partsElotero is infamous around these parts
Bank: 110,614,601,808,336.81
Total Points: 110,817,601,803,805.28
Twitter Box - ThePhantom5 Salud, bro! - CubanGuyNYC No Message - Hype Job Kick this idiot - Freedom. No Message - Hype Job 
No Message - Hype Job Feeding the ghetto - Hype Job No Message - Hype Job Feeding the ghetto - Hype Job No Message - Hype Job 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachos Nacho View Post
Pac-Mania was at an all time high at the time of the Mosley fight in 2011. Pacquiao was considered a living legend- 8 division world champion, rankd the #1 fighter in the world P4P by most sporting websites, some even considering him one of the Greatest of all Time. Had dominant wins over Barrera, Morales, Diaz, Oscar Delahoya, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito, Mosley, etc.

People were actually comparing him to the likes of Ali, Leonard, and Robinson. Celebrities like Jessica Alba, Paris Hilton visiting him in camp. Hordes of people attending his concerts. Pac fans flooding the web claiming he could KO Prime Tyson. Everyone thought Floyd was scared of him. The idea of Pacquiao losing wasn't even a thought in most people's minds. Man..... I miss those days....

And then the 3rd Marquez fight happened and everything changed. He failed to beat Marquez convincingly, officially lost to Bradley, hasn't had a knockout since, got KO'ed by Marquez, and lost to Floyd. Wins over Rios and Algieri did nothing for his legacy. No more concerts, no more celebrities. Nike drops him. LGBT hates him and detractors criticize and laugh at him...... Dude is fighting Jesse Vargas next FFS and HBO won't even show it......

Don't get me wrong, Manny's still an ATG, the only 8-division champ in history and his WW run was legendary, but I truly believe that had Pacquiao retired after the Mosley fight, his status would be much greater, he'd still be considered on par with the likes of Ali and Robinson and most likely ranked above Floyd.

Everything that Pacquiao did after the 2011 Mosley fight has hurt his legacy and reputation little by little.

Thoughts?
Considering he was probably on PEDs for that run, No. It was necessary for him to be brought back down to earth (KO'd) and the truth about his character to come out.
Elotero is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
fight?, legacy-, manny, mosley, pacman, pacquiao's, retired

User Tag List