No announcement yet.

Bryant Jennings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryant Jennings

Ive got a well deserved break from work and Ive been watching some of the fights i have saved on my DVR. I ran across Ortiz vs Jennings. What I didnt remember from the first time I watched this fight was some of the really good work Jennings did on the inside. To the point I think Ortiz changed his game a little to boxing. What I took away from this was that Ortiz can be touched pretty solidly on the inside and two Jennings is a damn good fighter with almost no experience in the game. This dude fought Wlad and Ortiz back to back. Where the hell is he? Id love to see this guy get a few cofidence builders then get back in the mix. Why does he not have a fight lined up?

I always liked Jennings too and felt the stoppage was a bit weak, then again he didn't complain so I didn't push it.

Jennings seems to be a guy who doesn't realise how good he can be and was simply fighting for some quick pay checks. Basically he has a seriously lack of any real desire, maybe he doesn't like boxing. It would be great if he came back and fought top heavies again cos he is the most skilled of the recent american heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      I always liked Jennings too and felt the stoppage was a bit weak, then again he didn't complain so I didn't push it.

Jennings seems to be a guy who doesn't realise how good he can be and was simply fighting for some quick pay checks. Basically he has a seriously lack of any real desire, maybe he doesn't like boxing. It would be great if he came back and fought top heavies again cos he is the most skilled of the recent american heavyweights.

I disagree, I think he probably loves boxing but thought he was a little ahead of where he actually was. If I remember correctly he has little to no amateur experience. He fought two of the best fighters in the division back to back and just got caught by Ortiz and he wasnt really out but he would have been had it been allowed to go on. I think his confidence might be shook a bit but the guy has talent. Id love to see him get back in it.

Comment

Jennings is pretty skilled for a HW. No power whatsoever though.

I respect him for getting in the ring with Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
          I disagree, I think he probably loves boxing but thought he was a little ahead of where he actually was. If I remember correctly he has little to no amateur experience. He fought two of the best fighters in the division back to back and just got caught by Ortiz and he wasnt really out but he would have been had it been allowed to go on. I think his confidence might be shook a bit but the guy has talent. Id love to see him get back in it.
          Maybe you're right and it's a confidence issue, which I alluded to in saying he doesn't realise how good he can be. It's sad because a lot of highly touted American heavyweights these days just disappear and never seem to develop properly.

Comment

His last 4 opponents having been of a high-to-good level. Now he's had a little rest i'd hope to see him back and fighting, as he's a decent HW IMO.

Comment

Jennings has a style which you cannot look good against.. The guy has good skills but I recon he lost his game plan with Ortiz and got stopped.. The last I saw him was during Wilder-Spzilka fight and he seemed to be cheerful then, but it has been way too long for a young HW to be out of action without no reported injuries.. Jennings though 6'3 has a longer reach for his size and work well even with tall fighters.. He should be a tough opponent to Wilder or Joshua for sure..

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                Jennings is pretty skilled for a HW. No power whatsoever though.

I respect him for getting in the ring with Ortiz.

Actually Ortiz was the underdog going into the fight.. People expected Jennings to win easily over Ortiz after going full distance with Wlad.. He gave good account of himself in the Ortiz fight until he became reckless and started trading with Ortiz.. But you are are right about his lack of power at HW.. He knocked out Spzilka but again Spzilka has been chinned by lesser caliber guys before..

Comment

Jennings recently posted on social media that he's waiting to be tapped for his next bout, but thus far continued to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                    Actually Ortiz was the underdog going into the fight.. People expected Jennings to win easily over Ortiz after going full distance with Wlad.. He gave good account of himself in the Ortiz fight until he became reckless and started trading with Ortiz.. But you are are right about his lack of power at HW.. He knocked out Spzilka but again Spzilka has been chinned by lesser caliber guys before..
                    I don't recall many people backing Jennings against Ortiz, on here at least anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X