Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads continue to roll at espn- olberman, Simmons and cowherd

Espn has let go over the past few weeks, 3 high profile personalities

Bill Simmons- I really like his stuff on grantland, great NBA articles

Keith olberman- not a huge loss, the dude was cool in 1994 but over the years has basically turned into a douche

Colin cowherd- kinda shocked by this, he is their main radio guy and has done a lot of TV.... But honestly, his show has gone downhill over the past 2 years.. Used to be one of my favorites, but he hardly ever talks about actual sports but instead it's all social or political rhetoric

Hopefully this opens up more spots for scott van pelt, Freddy Coleman, Jonathan coachmen, and the foreign dude assani or whatever that talks NBA... I really like all of them

Cowherd is one of the most insufferable ****s to ever appear in the media, I have no clue how he lasted. I'm shocked by olbermann, I found him entertaining. Any reason why he was booted?

Comment

Olberman was a boring assh*le to listen to. I'm glad he's gone. Bill Simmons was hilarious and he said what was on his mind. I know why they let him go but at least he was entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
        Olberman was a boring assh*le to listen to. I'm glad he's gone. Bill Simmons was hilarious and he said what was on his mind. I know why they let him go but at least he was entertaining.
        simmons was right on goodel.

simmons talks like how us fans talk.

he even brought up lebron mom/delonte was banned from espn.

simmons had cool articles and his podcast was funny. especially the ones with cousin sal from jimmy kimmel show.

olbermann was too stuck up.

cowherd was whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          Cowherd is one of the most insufferable ****s to ever appear in the media, I have no clue how he lasted. I'm shocked by olbermann, I found him entertaining. Any reason why he was booted?
          From what I'm hearing is that it's budget cutbacks, but their is probably other reasons..

Simmons- well known he was suspended for going H.A.M. on roger goodell

Olberman- just not drawing any interest, has a history of being a prick backstage.. I think once he went into political commentary, he lost a lot of fanbase that didn't agree with his politics

Cowherd- supposedly got into hot water back in April when over a weekend espn aired video game tournaments and then on following Monday, Colin ripped it to shreds and said he would quit espn if they ever asked him to cover video game tournaments.. This pissed off the brass, because apparently the video game guys are huge sponsors with the espn/Disney/abc family

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
            Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            simmons was right on goodel.

simmons talks like how us fans talk.

he even brought up lebron mom/delonte was banned from espn.

simmons had cool articles and his podcast was funny. especially the ones with cousin sal from jimmy kimmel show.

olbermann was too stuck up.

cowherd was whatever.

Yeah Simmons was awesome... I love his annual NBA trade asset rankings.. You can look at the archives and read them from the early 00s.. Funny to Reread all the predictions of shaq/Kobe, Dwight Howard, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              From what I'm hearing is that it's budget cutbacks, but their is probably other reasons..

Simmons- well known he was suspended for going H.A.M. on roger goodell

Olberman- just not drawing any interest, has a history of being a prick backstage.. I think once he went into political commentary, he lost a lot of fanbase that didn't agree with his politics

Cowherd- supposedly got into hot water back in April when over a weekend espn aired video game tournaments and then on following Monday, Colin ripped it to shreds and said he would quit espn if they ever asked him to cover video game tournaments.. This pissed off the brass, because apparently the video game guys are huge sponsors with the espn/Disney/abc family
              Ya I can see that with Keith, I'm older so I like his shtick but I can see him not relating to the younger crowd. I haven't paid attention to Simmons since he was calling for Michael Vick to be executed, he went so over the top on that issue I couldn't take him serious. And cowherd is such a dick.

Comment

ESPN is lame all of their shows are the same ****ing thing I only watch live games/fights and maybe 30 for 30

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  ESPN is lame all of their shows are the same ****ing thing I only watch live games/fights and maybe 30 for 30
                  Yeah,, their shows suck and they all follow the same talking points each day...

If you watch 3 different shows, it's like they talk about the same stuff each day.

The only shows that are good are the specialized ones like baseball tonight, or nfl insiders, college gameday, etc

The 30/30 films are great

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                    Ya I can see that with Keith, I'm older so I like his shtick but I can see him not relating to the younger crowd. I haven't paid attention to Simmons since he was calling for Michael Vick to be executed, he went so over the top on that issue I couldn't take him serious. And cowherd is such a dick.
                    I didn't know that about Vick.... I just have stumbled onto Simmons over the past year or 2

Comment

Working...
                    X