No announcement yet.

Kevin Iole: "It is NOT fair to say the Floyd hasn't faced an elite WW before"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
    exactly. and our thoughts that judah wasnt elite was confirmed by that loss, AND by follow up losses to Cotto and Clottey.

Judah wasnt an elite welterweight, end of story

Who were the elite WW in 2006?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      zab is a piece of ****. He doesn't train like he should. He wasted soo much talent. If he trained hard and stayed out of Jayz and Lil kim videos he'd have beaten everyone he faced. He'd have given floyd a real run for his money and prob had beaten him.

There is nothing worse than wasted talent!
      No doubt, that is why Floyd beat Zab because Floyd was better prepared. IN that fight Zab was good for Zab, the only fight where he really showed better was the second Spinks fight.

I agree though Zab is a wasted talent he did have a decent career though but he could have been a lot more if he was serious about his craft.

Comment

Originally posted by The Impaler View Post
        You do realize Morales was coming of a loss ALL THREE TIMES Pac fought him?

You do realize MAB was coming of a loss the THE SECOND TIME Pac fought him?

Those are the men Pac built his legacy off of. I guess that legacy is in shambles.
        Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        who is talking about Pacquiao? jesus christ.
        lmao..this is your response when someone points out the double standards...okay!
        Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
        Wasn't Clottey called "elite"?...Manny fought him..coming off a loss.
        Originally posted by Rich_Loc View Post
        He destroyed Judah, arguably beat Cotto, gave Margarito a tough ass fight and reigned in the top of the rankings for years.

He was an elite WW by any definition.
        dude make up your mind...first you say Judah was never elite..then you include him while trying to prove that Clottey is/was elite by facing him?..which is it..so since Zab was not elite as you have previously stated..lest just say Clottey was "elite"
        (by your standards) because he gave Cotto & Marg tough fights and loss to them..
        Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
        They knock one fighter for it, but overlook when another fighter does it. Crazy...and as I said in my last post..he just fought Clottey that just came off a loss.
        exactly.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Matrix View Post
          Marquez being an ATG is arguable, but if you're going to put him for pac then you have to put him for Mayweather.
          Marquez is undoubtedly an "all time great" according to present day standards (which are rather low) but only as a Featherweight, or perhaps Jr. Lightweight.

Certainly not in the welterweight class.

Benny Leonard the great Lightweight Champ was not elite when he returned as a welterweight. And Spinks, although an elite Cruiserweight, was not an elite heavyweight.

Comment

Your position is absolutely right, not only in saying that Baldomir was ordinary, but we actually saw that this was true, with our own eyes.

I'd never heard of him either, before he won the title from Judah, and watching it, I was totally unimpressed, although pleased that an ordinary guy would now have the opportunity to make some real money.

Comment

And.....by losing to Baldomir, Judah demonstrated, in the most provable way, that HE was not elite either.

Comment

Again who were those "Elite" WW in 2006? Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                  Marquez is undoubtedly an "all time great" according to present day standards (which are rather low) but only as a Featherweight, or perhaps Jr. Lightweight.

Certainly not in the welterweight class.

Benny Leonard the great Lightweight Champ was not elite when he returned as a welterweight. And Spinks, although an elite Cruiserweight, was not an elite heavyweight.
                  Spinks was never an elite cruiserweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Again who were those "Elite" WW in 2006? Anyone?
                    You won't get an answer. I asked that question before too.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Hall View Post
                      Elite fighters don't get ko'd by: Rustico Torrecampo and Medgoen Singsurat
                      You're quite right. Manny P. was NOT an ellite boxer in those flyweight days long ago. He became elite by beating other recognised great fighters, and taking on ever more difficult challenges.....and winning in the most decisive ways.

What more could you want??

Comment

Working...
                      X