No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Leonard: 8oz Gloves is a factor, but would benefit both guys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar Ray Leonard: 8oz Gloves is a factor, but would benefit both guys

Well there you have it folks. To those wannabee experts who don't have a clue of what smaller gloves brings. Watch this to be educated to the basics of boxing. You know who you are, and they say it's not important.

SRL: 8 oz gloves is a factor. More speed in smaller gloves.

SRL :Both will benefit from it. 8oz gloves is like punching with your fist.

He also says McGregor can punch.

No doubt about that.

Starts @ 11:05:

Last edited by Spoon23; 08-24-2017, 01:50 AM.

Floyd wont survive two rounds with 8oz. HE is getting flattened.

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
      Floyd wont survive two rounds with 8oz. HE is getting flattened.
      Im looking forward to Sunday more than Saturday, it will be like after beating Manny all the big mouths are gone for a few weeks until they get a bit of courage to come back lol.

This will be you !

Comment

8 oz gloves will ruin Spoon's life

Comment

Here's the bottom line... McGregor is used to wearing 4oz gloves, Floyd has been fighting with 10oz gloves for awhile. Pretty easy to see who is going to benefit and why.

I'm taking all bets against McGregor, just PM me and we'll sig it.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Here's the bottom line... McGregor is used to wearing 4oz gloves, Floyd has been fighting with 10oz gloves for awhile. Pretty easy to see who is going to benefit and why.

I'm taking all bets against McGregor, just PM me and we'll sig it.
            Like I said, as SRL mentioned. Both will benefit.

Conor, with 8oz gloves can feel at home and is now closer to punching like his bare-knuckled.

Conor is the bigger man. Slower than floyd yes, but stronger than Floyd. Sometimes you only need one punch to turn the tide. Don't discredit Conor's chances. He can land that leprechaun lucky punch. If he does @ 170, he can crack that small head of Floyd's.

Look @ that small dome of floyd compared to Conor. This tells me, Conor can take some punishment to get in and throw his in return for a return Volley.

@ 170 lbs, There is a factor that he can bull rush floyd coming in, especially a 41 year old Floyd.

Not saying Conor will win, but he has a punchers chance, and to some even more. Size disparity is huge. And as SRL mentioned. Conor can punch hard. We'll see.
            Last edited by Spoon23; 08-24-2017, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Floyd has fought with 8 oz gloves 46 times and 10 oz gloves 3 times.

But floyd in for a rude awakening with 0-0 mcgreggor in his 47th fight with 8 oz gloves. blah blah blah

Comment

This fight is not close enough for the oz of the gloves to matter. What are we even talking about.

NHL player in a hockey faceoff with a golfer and we're analyzing the weight of the puck. Like it ****ing matters.
                Last edited by ////; 08-24-2017, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                  Like I said, as SRL mentioned. Both will benefit.

Conor, with 8oz gloves can feel at home and is now closer to punching like his bare-knuckled.

Conor is the bigger man. Slower than floyd yes, but stronger than Floyd. Sometimes you only need one punch to turn the tide. Don't discredit Conor's chances. He can land that leprechaun lucky punch. If he does @ 170, he can crack that small head of Floyd's.

Look @ that small dome of floyd compared to Conor. This tells me, Conor can take some punishment to get in and throw his in return for a return Volley.

@ 170 lbs, There is a factor that he can bull rush floyd coming in, especially a 41 year old Floyd.

Not saying Conor will win, but he has a punchers chance, and to some even more. Size disparity is huge. And as SRL mentioned. Conor can punch hard. We'll see.
                  In his sport, Connor is a beast. And personally I would like nothing more than to see Floyd put on his ass and beaten. I just don't see it though. Floyd has been in with bigger guys who were better boxers. McGregor has a punchers chance, but I personally wouldn't count on it. Jmo.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    In his sport, Connor is a beast. And personally I would like nothing more than to see Floyd put on his ass and beaten. I just don't see it though. Floyd has been in with bigger guys who were better boxers. McGregor has a punchers chance, but I personally wouldn't count on it. Jmo.
                    True, that's why people are only giving Conor a punchers chance.

SRL mentioned, Conor needs to turn this into a fight. Fighting and boxing are 2 different things. Conor needs to make this into a street fight. If Conor does succeed in making this into a street fight, with the huge size difference. There is a small chance he can pull it off.

SRL mentioned he lost to Duran over a street fight. Meaning pure boxers don't like fighting.

@ 6:24 Did you ever get into a brawl?

SRL: 'Against Roberto Duran.'

Last edited by Spoon23; 08-24-2017, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X