Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto is overrated and has had the easiest way to title shots the past 20 yrs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    lol, I kinda figured. I know you were provoked. But I actually watch Cotto film to learn tips for training. I think he has the best mix of athleticism and cajones of current boxers.
    He was best at 140 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
      He was best at 140 for me.
      It's been a while my friend. These forums were as bland as Oprah Winfrey's ******* mesh.

Boricua's on the set (That's a nuyorican thing for those inquiring mind's ).

Welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
        It's been a while my friend. These forums were as bland as Oprah Winfrey's ******* mesh.

Boricua's on the set (That's a nuyorican thing for those inquiring mind's ).

Welcome back.
        Yo! Boricuaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

You have to look at who he beat. He beat undefeated Paulie and Torres who both went on to win belts right after Cotto left the division. Then he beat undefeated Quintana who went on to beat Paul Williams his next fight or two after. He beat Clottey who was stripped of the IBF belt before that.

So yeah he was gifted a vacant belt against Jennings and possibly Kamaegi, but don't act like he didn't beat champions.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyB View Post
            Just saw on BoxRec that his fight with Kamegai is for the vacant WBO title... what? He last fought in 2015 - and is fighting Kamegai whos best career performance is a draw and a win against a shot to **** Jesus Soto Karass.

First of, let me just say I have been one of his biggest fans up until after the Mayweather fight. He has now lost me because of his diva behavior (leaving interviews in fights he clearly lost like the Trout, Mayweather and Alvarez fights..)

Every title he ever won has been vacant, except the Martinez fight and we all know that story.

His best title wins are a crippled Martinez back in 2014, 3 years ago, Shane Mosley - 10 years ago which is probably his best win to date.

I mean, does anyone even rate this guy anymore? It's hard to be a boxing fan, so many other fighters deserve to get a shot at the title but Cotto is handed shot after shot just because of his name.

Cotto is a fraud.
            But if the TV networks and "critics" keep saying how good a fighter is, then eventually the "masses" tend to believe it.

I had one ****** on here arguing with me about the Micheal Nunn Hype back in the day. I mean Ring Magazine invented the KO of the Year award as a way of hyping that ghetto trash for fcuksake...

Comment

Working...
            X