Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martin Murray: Golovkin Beats All at 160, Canelo Don't Want It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    The thing with Murray is he could almost be a 2 divisions world champion.

Most people saw him beating Sturm at 160 and many saw him beating Abraham at 168 but he lost those 2 fights in Germany by SD.

Hope for once they will secure this guy a world title in UK, why not a well deserved rematch with Sturm for the WBA belt?

He'll have to beat Groves first, not an easy task, Martin is good but Groves is bigger and might outgun him.
    As long as he doesn't have to fight Sturm in Germany. Never trusted German judges.

Comment

Originally posted by ikillzboi View Post
      Sergio m. Clowned murray its funny how if ggg would've fought a prime Sergio he would've gotten out boxed for sure ...and murray your top 3 best fighters ggg has fought including monroe,and lemenuix don't make silly comparisons.
      The only true credible source for how good a boxer someone in comparison to another is through someone who's fought them both. Murray is a greater expert on this topic than any of us. And that's high praise for GGG, since Murray was utterly dominated in that fight...you would think that he'd harbor sour grapes against GGG for that loss. But more respect to him who can respect his opponents like that.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
        As long as he doesn't have to fight Sturm in Germany. Never trusted German judges.
        Yeah, house judging, that's why I wrote "a well deserved shot in UK".

Comment

Originally posted by Owlzfan84 View Post
          Golovkin at this point is the only one to clearly beat Murray. Murray like Herrera got robbed of being lineal champ in their division. He more than deserved that decision against Martinez. I thought he beat Sturm and Abraham as well. Golovkin dominating Murray is a damn good and underrated win.
          Yeah, Murray is a very calm, smart and tough fighter.

Dude always fought busy and clean, landing accurate combinations, I thought he won those fights too, he definitely outboxed Sturm.

I think Martin was just fighting too much "euro" lacking head movements, and getting hit by straight punches too often.

Couldn't work against a guy like GGG, GGG was a very bad match up for him.

The guy who will beat GGG will be a man with a damn good D fighting on his bike.
          Or maybe a bigger and tricky guy (again with a good D) like Ward grinding GGG in the Inside.

GGG loves mid ranges.

So def not a guy standing mid distance in front of him like Murray fights.

I don't know if Murray will beat Groves, Murray had decent power at 160, but at 168 he just seems to lack the explosiveness to keep a guy like Groves quite,
          160 to 168 is one of the biggest jump in boxing, 8 pounds.

Comment

Working...
          X