Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Bantamweight is too low for Donaire to continue his career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Bantamweight is too low for Donaire to continue his career?

He started his career at or a lil below 112 and didn't stay there(118) very long. Also im uncertain he can get that low considering Garcia's fighters have come in over weight several times in the past calendar year.

At this point in his career, he is too small to compete at 126 and 122 is deep but is ruled by a fighter who either has his number or he will have to make stylistic adjustments if he ever rematches, at this point in his career he has turn into a lefthook happy counterpuncher instead of a boxer-puncher he was years ago.

Bantamweight is not as deep as 122 but he is would be at his most formidable there....his punch output is not the same as his youth, but the explosiveness and power is still there.

I think he has enough left to finish strong and roll of in the sunset

Bantamweight is too low for him to revive his dwindling career. To be honest with you my friend I think Donaire would be perfectly fine campaigning at 126 if only he utilised both hands and not rely so much on that monstrous left hook. Sure it has won him many fights in the past but at 126 the fighters have higher punch resistance and can dish out some powerful punches themselves. Honestly, if Nonito would have boxed more and actually sat up his hooks with a jab and he might have lasted longer or possibly have caught Walters with a significant punch. Nonito showed his power is there at 126 by hurting Walters on the 2nd round, if Nonito would have been patient and have boxed Walters off until another opportunity arose, he would have been able to land a stunning left hook to truly test Walters.

That same left hook he landed on Walters would have stopped most 126 lbs dead on their tracks. Anyway I believe moving back down to 122 is a good idea as well. Sure Guillermo is there but there is no need for a rematch, contrary to what Rigo's fans keep repeating Nonito is not ducking a Rigo rematch. How could he duck someone he already fought and lost convincingly? If anything he can re establish himself at 122 and make a run for a few belts, then if Nonito feels up for it and truly believes he learned from his past endeavours, a rematch could be possible with Rigo. However that's up to Donaire.

Seeing as how Mares is willing to jump back and forth between 122 - 126 Donaire vs Mares would be a great fight at any weight. Both are teeter dancing with their careers at the moment but both have a lot to prove to themselves if they truly want to continue to be great in the sport. Frampton,Quigg,LSC, Shinsuke might be moving up, Anselmo Moreno as well, 122 is getting fatter and fatter at the moment. Whatever he decides to do I will continue to support him. He is by no means a bum and he has proven time and time again that when he's in the right mind set he is amazing to watch. Tricycle drivers/siomai vendors don't become 5 division champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
      Bantamweight is too low for him to revive his dwindling career. To be honest with you my friend I think Donaire would be perfectly fine campaigning at 126 if only he utilised both hands and not rely so much on that monstrous left hook. Sure it has won him many fights in the past but at 126 the fighters have higher punch resistance and can dish out some powerful punches themselves. Honestly, if Nonito would have boxed more and actually sat up his hooks with a jab and he might have lasted longer or possibly have caught Walters with a significant punch. Nonito showed his power is there at 126 by hurting Walters on the 2nd round, if Nonito would have been patient and have boxed Walters off until another opportunity arose, he would have been able to land a stunning left hook to truly test Walters.

That same left hook he landed on Walters would have stopped most 126 lbs dead on their tracks. Anyway I believe moving back down to 122 is a good idea as well. Sure Guillermo is there but there is no need for a rematch, contrary to what Rigo's fans keep repeating Nonito is not ducking a Rigo rematch. How could he duck someone he already fought and lost convincingly? If anything he can re establish himself at 122 and make a run for a few belts, then if Nonito feels up for it and truly believes he learned from his past endeavours, a rematch could be possible with Rigo. However that's up to Donaire.

Seeing as how Mares is willing to jump back and forth between 122 - 126 Donaire vs Mares would be a great fight at any weight. Both are teeter dancing with their careers at the moment but both have a lot to prove to themselves if they truly want to continue to be great in the sport. Frampton,Quigg,LSC, Shinsuke might be moving up, Anselmo Moreno as well, 122 is getting fatter and fatter at the moment. Whatever he decides to do I will continue to support him. He is by no means a bum and he has proven time and time again that when he's in the right mind set he is amazing to watch. Tricycle drivers/siomai vendors don't become 5 division champions.
      Donaire vs Mares would be great after both log tune up wins at 122 or 126 winner gets a title shot...hell they both held titles at both weights and are not shot

Comment

Working...
      X