Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think De La Hoya took a dive when he fought Bernard Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say what you want about Canelo but there is no way he took a dive. There us no reason that I can think of for him to do it.

Comment

Hell nah!!!

Comment

B-Hop promised to do him in the butt with an egg beater and a rolling pin if he took a dive.

Comment

I think he really wanted to win but there was no possible way he could ever beat Hopkins. The gap in skill and power was too wide. Hopkins just toyed with him and then ended it. Maybe Oscar could have beat the count but he knew the beating he was going to get if he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
            I used to think so, but I don't know. It looks weak for sure, but well, what's the motivation? Both dudes made killer money and they did go on to work together but they could have done those things anyway. Just don't see the motivation.
            Oscar was due to retire and benard was gonna keep on fighting. Oscar was about to open golden boy promotions with benard as a partner. Guess who promoted benard for the next 20
            Years?? Yes golden boy got to promote the middleweight champ who beat the golden boy. Great way to start a boxing promotion company. That fight was preordained.

Comment

Originally posted by Qbox View Post
              B-Hop promised to do him in the butt with an egg beater and a rolling pin if he took a dive.
              Hey, that's not funny.

Comment

Maybe not a dive, but def oscar quitting

Comment

Bernard beats him in the ring, in a street fight, in a jail cell, in a weightlifting contest, one-on-one basketball, football, tennis, golf, any sport that exists and even sports that don't exist yet. He is the superior man in every way possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                    Oscar was due to retire and benard was gonna keep on fighting. Oscar was about to open golden boy promotions with benard as a partner. Guess who promoted benard for the next 20
                    Years?? Yes golden boy got to promote the middleweight champ who beat the golden boy. Great way to start a boxing promotion company. That fight was preordained.
                    Good points, sir....

Comment

All you hear is ( thinking it’s B-Hops corner ) yelling body shot , body shot
                      When Oscar went down , you can tell that was the plan from Bernard smirking and knowing he ain’t getting up
                      I don’t think their was any dive plus nothing to gain for Oscar

Comment

Working...
                      X