Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys cope with exams failure?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you need to change your studying technique. It's not how long you study for that counts but how effective your methods are. Basically study smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
      The guy is feeding you a load of BS. Prob has his head in his books 24/7.

I don't really know what to advise you, whenever I failed it was due to a lack of studying. I then studied and revised and I passed. Not much advice I can give tbh, apart from just keep going and stay positive.
      It's true, some people do that. I know because I do it sometimes. Although sometimes I pass, other times I don't. I got an A- in a class that gave 3 exams in the semester, and for all 3 exams I studied the material for the first time in the train ride to college...on the day of the exam. So like 45 minutes.

With math, forget it, I need weeks for that.

Usually those middle eastern dudes, from Bangladesh and Pakistan, they don't study until right before the exam and still get a 90-100. They're smart as f-ck.

Comment

your destiny beckons .....

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa 5.0 View Post
          I'm in my Master's now and this whole year has gone awful. I chilled too much in the first block which I think made me fail my exams of block 1. So I decided to pick myself up and changed my attitude and put much more time in my study but then I failed the resits as well.

I got kinda down after that but decided to keep going on and eventually I passed my resits of block 2. After that I kept the same attitude but recently I just failed my exams again. It seems like everyone in my class puts way less effort in preparing but they pass easily and I put much more effort but I'm failing.

I feel like such a loser. I can't graduate this year anymore and feel totally demotivated.

Any advice what I'm doing wrong?
          I don't fail exams. I also don't tongue Amir khans furry funbag. Devote more time to studying and less time fantasizing about khan and see how that works for you. Loser

Comment

Make sure you're studying pertinent material. If you're studying for 3 days but more than half of the stuff you're studying you don't really need to know then you're basically wasting your time.

I don't know how you are in attendance but given that you take 3 days to study means you probably don't miss classes a lot. If that's the case make sure you take good notes especially in the sessions (ie. review sessions) the professor may drop hints on what could be on the exams. If your exam is basically memorization try flash cards.

Comment

Anything less than an A is considered failing for me but I completely attribute that to not studying enough. Rarely has there ever been anything where I am just at a complete loss on what to do. I usually understand it to some extent right away but then don't go home and drill it into my memory. So, by the time an exam or quiz comes, and I haven't studied, it's because I have forgotten what to do, not because it's necessarily difficult material. Obviously it's good to take meaningful notes and pay attention in class (more so actually attend class) but for me, the most important part is repetition. This semester is the first time I haven't got an A on a math exam simply because I haven't put in the work needed to receive that grade. Upset with myself but at least I know it's on me and not anything else.

Comment

Have to know your strengths and weaknesses. Not everyone is the same and everyone learns differently. Some get it from reading and some have to write it out.

Also people like to b.s about how they don't put much effort and do well and it's not always true and if so then they are gifted in that part of their life like everyone is in something. Every one is just different so like I've said focus on your strengths and weaknesses.

I try to keep up with the work daily instead of letting it pile up. When I leave stuff till the end it's too much to cover and it is suffocating, because the enormous amount of knowledge I have to consume in such a short while and if I come up short it really is demotivating.

Try to keep up with your work daily and improve your study habits. You can only feel sad about something for so long. Look at it as the Prescott KO and you'll come back from it.

Comment

Booze and plenty of it.

Or just study harder and give it another shot.

Comment

Do the sensible thing and open fire on your classmates.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                      Do the sensible thing and open fire on your classmates.
                      Exactly this. Take a gentleman's approach

Comment

Working...
                      X