Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: It Was a Clear Victory - I Showed I'm a Great Fighter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    2 rounds??? Holy SHT Change your last name to BYRD.
    Ye 2 rounds up, the same as a lot of well seasoned and respected people in the sport. It’s not that out there. Chill your bad self. Was a great fight that could of gone either way ffs. It’s just my opinion lol

Comment

• The kid is great. He's earned his place now. Fought with the heart of a champion.

Enough with the hate. Bring on more great fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
        I said a few days ago, all Canelo needed to do was up his output and he would win the fight. Well, he did better than I thought he would. Canelo still gassed around the 8th round but he continued to bring the fight to Golovkin.

Canelo is not a great fighter but he's better than Golovkin. He should've won the first fight but he gave it a way. Golovkin should've stopped Canelo in the first fight but he fought cautiously. He should've lost to Jacobs but he got a gift to set up this fight.

Golovkin is not as good as his fans think he is but in this era of boxing he was considered an ATG. We also saw two other severely limited boxers get KO stoppages last night and everyone acted like they were something special.

I'm glad Canelo finally ended the Golovkin hype train.
        I agree with the message in this post, but I just wanted to say:

1. I think Canelo is a great fighter. Not atg top 10 MW or anything, but great nonetheless.

2. GGG has been grossly overrated but I do think he's a damn good fighter.

3. Munguia and Lemiuex are both incredibly limited lol The difference is one is 21 and the other is just garbage.

Comment

• Props to Canelo, he showed me something last night and I think he’s going to go onto even greater things. He’s a versatile fighter and he changed styles to win.

He’s approaching all time top 50 status.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            I agree with the message in this post, but I just wanted to say:

1. I think Canelo is a great fighter. Not atg top 10 MW or anything, but great nonetheless.

2. GGG has been grossly overrated but I do think he's a damn good fighter.

3. Munguia and Lemiuex are both incredibly limited lol The difference is one is 21 and the other is just garbage.
            You made 3 excellent points. I have to agree.

Comment

• It wasn't clear... I had GGG winning in a close fight but you gained some respect.

Good fight Canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by Insanityisbliss View Post
                I thought canelo clearly lost the fight. He was flat footed, had ok stamina, and wasn’t aggressive enough. Most of his shots were blocked as well. In fact, he can’t fight on the move which is why golovkin kept turning him around in a circle. It is what it is, though. Great fight. Vegas is the Mecca of corruption.

Yet he landed more power punches and made his face look like it was a hit with a baseball bat. Interesting take. I guess Canelo did that to his face by spinning in circles on his cement feet. All while landing the harder shots, AGAIN.

Comment

• Look at all the different layers and dimensions canelo showed in 2 fights! Landed a total array of punches in BOTH fights. Whooped GGG on his back foot you complained so whooped him this time on the front foot. Meanwhile GGG threw but had insane 500 miss rate in the first fight. You claimed it was because of running. He missed over 600 times the second fight and can't land anything but jabs in both fights while his face looks worse each time. Canelo is just better. GGG no defense too slow and scared to commit to the body. Canelo does want he wanted in both fights and GGG still making excuses for what he can't do.
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 09-16-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    Look at all the different layers and dimensions canelo showed in 2 fights! Landed a total array of punches in BOTH fights. Whooped GGG on his back foot you complained so whooped him this time on the front foot. Meanwhile GGG threw but had insane 500 miss rate in the first fight. You claimed it was because of running. He missed over 600 times the second fight and can't land anything but jabs in both fights while his face looks worse each time. Canelo is just better. GGG no defense too slow and scared to commit to the body. Canelo does want he wanted in both fights and GGG still making excuses for what he can't do.
                    Haven't seen your post in a while but this sums things up nicely. Alvarez is simply the better fighter. More dimensions to his game, and more importantly, more poise and grit as a fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Insanityisbliss View Post
                      I thought canelo clearly lost the fight. He was flat footed, had ok stamina, and wasn’t aggressive enough. Most of his shots were blocked as well. In fact, he can’t fight on the move which is why golovkin kept turning him around in a circle. It is what it is, though. Great fight. Vegas is the Mecca of corruption.
                      Yup suspicions confirmed, you're a ****

Comment

Working...
                      X