Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great short fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eggington vs Hassan. Lasted two rounds and it happened last Saturday. Big upset.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      Eggington vs Hassan. Lasted two rounds and it happened last Saturday. Big upset.

Thank you.... respect..

Comment

Jaime Garza vs Juan Kid Meza

Comment

Khan v Garcia too

Comment

My favorite is Hearns KO 2 Duran. Tyson KO 1 Spinks is up there too.

Comment

It was a terrific match-up on paper; former amateur star James Shuler (who was a member of the Olympic squad that boycotted Moscow ’80) vs. Thomas Hearns.
              Shuler, 178–6 as an amateur, 22–0 as an pro, prior to the Hearns meeting.

A week after this fight, Shuler crashed to death, riding his motor-bike. I’ve always wondered, did he crash because he was unbalanced due to the ‘humiliating’ defeat …

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
                It was a terrific match-up on paper; former amateur star James Shuler (who was a member of the Olympic squad that boycotted Moscow ’80) vs. Thomas Hearns.

A week after this fight, Shuler crashed to death, riding his motor-bike. I’ve always wondered, did he crash because he was unbalanced due to the ‘humiliating’ defeat …

I always found that right hand to be the best Hearns ever threw. It was truly like a cobra strike. On the button. Right between the guards. Brutally epic.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  I always found that right hand to be the best Hearns ever threw.
                  A new thought for me. Haven't looked upon it in that way before ...

Comment

Golota Brewster

Golota Brewster.

So the Polish fans dutifully arrive early and as the first round bell rings they are unfurrowing their Polish flags.... and get the flags half way out when Golota hits the deck for the last time in the round. Somebody forgot to tell the Polish contingency that Lamont Brewster had channeled Dempsey for the evening.

It is debatable where the biggest thuds came that night: was it the hearts of the Polish flag deliverers who never even got the flags out before having to put them away? Was it the left hooks that Brewster threw with the intention of sending Andrew on his own trip? Or was it the sound of Golota hitting the canvas after feeling those hooks?

And here is another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-wUdetAAlY

Rumor has it that before Golota would ask for a rematch Bambi would ask for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post

Hearns in boxer-puncher mode was a sight to behold. Look at those hooks off the jab and the body shots.

Comment

Working...
                      X