No announcement yet.

Who has sacrificed the most?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    sh#t got me heated bro I'm not gonna wear my nikes at all ever anymore at least until this weekend maybe tho
    Wear them sh it's in the hurricane

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      He didn't have much of a career, is much more high profile now and getting big endorsement deals and has never suffered.

That is not sacrificing. You have to lose you have to suffer.

But even if you really believe he did, can we put that to one side and think of other that have sacrificed?
      It's simply not true that he didn't have much of a career, did not sacrifice, and did not suffer. Hell, a young girl went viral just for making a video praising his FOOTBALL ability. He would have for sure been a starting quarterback on another team if no for this protest. I'm sure he has gotten death threats, etc.

But leaving that aside, Muhammad Ali comes to mind. Mahmoud Abdul Rauf also comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        sh#t got me heated bro I'm not gonna wear my nikes at all ever anymore at least until this weekend maybe tho
        Yeah and I'm not going to watch any NFL games until Sunday. Meaning I'll miss Thursday Night Football.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
          It's simply not true that he didn't have much of a career, did not sacrifice, and did not suffer. Hell, a young girl went viral just for making a video praising his FOOTBALL ability. He would have for sure been a starting quarterback on another team if no for this protest. I'm sure he has gotten death threats, etc.

But leaving that aside, Muhammad Ali comes to mind. Mahmoud Abdul Rauf also comes to mind.
          Who is this Mahmoud guy.

Yes, Ali did Sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            Who is this Mahmoud guy.

Yes, Ali did Sacrifice.
            He's the basketball player who actually did something somewhat similar to Kaepernick. Kind of the original Kaepernick.

Blackballed In The NBA: The Story Of A Basketball Icon

In 1996 controversy surrounded Abdul-Rauf, known as Chris Jackson prior to his conversion to Islam, when he stated he would not be standing during the national anthem because “he felt the flag stood for tyranny and oppression and it was his decision to no longer stand for something he didn’t believe in.” He also believed standing went against his Muslim beliefs.

https://medium.com/@Toppic_/blackbal...n-34164059f7f2

A compromise was reached so that he could stand and pray facing the east instead of participating int the National Anthem ceremony.

Comment

He's the basketball player who actually did something somewhat similar to Kaepernick. Kind of the original Kaepernick.

A compromise was reached so that he could stand and pray facing the east instead of participating int the National Anthem ceremony.
              He was a way better basketball player than Kapernick was a football player as well.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                  He was a way better basketball player than Kapernick was a football player as well.
                  Absolutely agree with that!

Comment

Classic Shootout!

Comment

So he didn't sacrifice anything.
                      Get out of here with that one.

Comment

Working...
                      X