No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs Finalized For May 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lolpz View Post
    The only other fighter I've ever picked Canelo to lose against was Mayweather.

Now I personally believe Lara beat him 7 rounds to 5, but the fight was close and I cannot argue with the decision as Canelo was the agressor and landed very good body shots. I just felt Lara was more effective, but it wasn't a bad decision by any means. Could've gone either way.

Had Canelo winning the first GGG fight 7 rounds to 5 but was ok with a draw or GGG 7-5 wouldn't have been a bad scorecard either. Also thought Canelo won the second fight 7 rounds to 5 but more convicingly this time around, no way GGG won that fight in my eyes. I wouldn't have been very happy with a draw either, it was clear to me.

With all this being said, I also believe Jacobs beat Golovkin 114-113 when they fought, but that ended up going the other way. It was close in my eyes, but I feel like Jacobs took it decisively. Didn't really like the decision but whatever.

In this fight however, I just don't see Canelo being able to beat Jacobs. I feel Canelo is the overall better fighter, but Jacobs peak level and style is all wrong for Canelo. Canelo is overall better, but Jacobs at his best can and will beat Canelo's best. I have Jacobs edging out a close decision.

Very good opinion. But I disagree with Jacob's beating Canelo. I think Canelo will probably KO Jacobs because Canelo will land a flush shot a lot better and more often then GGG did.
    At worse case Canelo 116-112

Comment

• ... Don't forget: "never kill a cash cow!"...

Jacobs will take Canelo's money and will dream for another big cash rematch...

Comment

• Originally posted by rocktx View Post
        HA!! not even. Canelo will get by Jacobs (although a good fight). He aint beating Charlo (the person who really deserves the fight)
        Please people get off Charlo's nutts. He already lost to pretty much a no name to main stream boxing on a one or two weeks notice. Charlo brothers are both hyped. Canelo destroys and I mean destroys Charlo

Comment

• Originally posted by G G G View Post
          Congrats on what? Fighting GGGs leftovers and ducking him again? LMFAO Canelo is a coward.
          That's pretty ignorant. GGG pretty much lost to Jacobs in most all eyes. Canelo beat GGG in a lot of eyes as well. Both fights.
          Jacobs has faced better competition at 160 then all current boxers minus the Canelo vs GGG fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by redmyth79 View Post
            A super fight is not just about buying power. It's about talent. Jacobs pretty much had a draw with GGG or some believe he one by a round. Jacobs has faced 4 fighters with 0's sense and won. He is above GGG in my opinion right now.
            And any fight Canelo is on is a maga fight lol. Canelo is boxing.
            Nah, not every fight he is in is a mega fight. The Fielding fight was most definitely not a mega fight. But yes, Canelo is the biggest star in boxing or at worst the second biggest behind Joshua. Easily the biggest in America though.

Comment

The bold is fact.
              Not Mall so no it NOT a fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                Not Mall so no it NOT a fact.
                LMAO so k if you say so. Charlo is ****.

Comment

LMAO so k if you say so. Charlo is ****.
                  Then why is Pvssy G & his fans afraid of Jermall??

Comment

Working...
                  X