Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach is Critical of Corner Work of Fury's Coach in Wilder Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roach has been relegated to flunky and waterboy

First Buboy had Roach dumped from Paq's team now Fury has Roach as token waterboy stooge. Freddy has lost all credibility along with his top boxers. It's over Fred. Stooge is all Roach gets anymore. Fat Buboy is a buffet champ and a joke. Fury's trainer is a weight loss guru not a boxing trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
      he turned hollywood after that impressive pac run. that's when it started going downhill for him. roach is a great trainer with a lot of knowledge but he let his hollywood emotions take over at times.

the roach during the pac vs morales, barrera, marquez 1, etc. that's the roach that kept it solid. after those fights and pac became mainstream, roach got all big headed.
      Yeah agreed, I think there is definitely an ego thing with him

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        I gotta agree with ole freddie here, tyson could have took wilder out, wilder cannot fight backing up and everytime tyson stunned him he backed off.

It made no sense he hurts wilder backs off him and ties up no follow up

It would have been the most epic comeback if tyson got up from the 12 th round and knocked wilder out, tyson even rocked him with a two piece and then played it safe. If he threw follow ups he would have got wilder out
        Agree. And I think it is a lack of experience that made the trainer not willing to take that advantage and do more with it.

At the end of the day this kid did a beautiful job and had a few rough spots...Freddie has the experience and is giving the kid good tidbits.

For those who think the risk was too great consider that Wilder cannot fight going back... It is a perfect opportunity for Fury to have really laid into him. I did not like him backing off either...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Aw Freddie! I don't know what to say. Maybe you should give them your critique, at the meeting, before you tell the media? I could be wrong, but I think it might've been better that way?
          Exactly. I agree that Fury had moments where he should have been more offensive and could have possibly KO'd Wilder, but these are thoughts for the team only. Why discredit the trainer in front of the world? Roach is very much like Floyd Sr. He is so insecure that he simply cannot contain his jealousy of any trainer who gets any positive media attention.
          Last edited by NachoMan; 12-12-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

It's may not be the smartest thing to speak publicly on it, but Roach is known to speak his mind and also likes to talk a lot of ish. But this time I won't criticize him because I see his point. Fury stunned Wilder a couple of times with hard 1-2's but never followed up on it. The thing with Wilder is, with all his technical shortcomings, he should get more recognition for being a warrior. What I mean by that is: While I was studying Wilder's fights before his fights, I've seen Wilder always trying to hurt back the opponents immediately after getting hit so he had to be careful. I think Ben did a great job and was giving Fury great advices during the whole fight. I disagree with Roach on feinting less, Fury was doing a wonderful job feinting Wilder because the feints are one of his cryptonites, also it's natural for Fury to feint, he always does it. Rewatch the fight, he hasn't threw a single jab without feinting it first and that's grea because it is what sets his opponents off. Now, do I agree with Roach that he could be more offensive in spots and follow up with more punches after hitting Wilder? Absolutely!

Comment

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
              What Roach sensed, at this point, a good offense is the best defense...
              That is a perfect use for this quote. Yes!

I feel like given Davidson's age, and the fraternity of the boxing press, Freddie may have felt that a little constructive critiscism would not cause a shake up. It may not, time will tell.

Some posters have been very one dimensional about this issue, assuming that to open up offensively would cause a risk to Fury. I beg to differ and think this old saw captures what Freddie was asking.

I agree with Freddie. Lets look at it this way. Wilder cannot fight going backwards, or when he is put retreating...Also, this allows Fury to damage Wilder so...in the later rounds maybe that big punch is minimized. Fury does not want Wilder to get bold and walk through his attacks. One good way to guarantee these points is to attack when Wilder is retreating and/or hurt.

Comment

Freddy knows boxing and training and has knowledge

How the hell can a 26yr old kid who never took a punch train a top heavyweight?? Freddie should come on board with Fury for the next whole camp but Freddy has other fighters. But a 26 yr old trainer knows little. look at that fat slob mooch Buboy giving Paq boxing advice? But trainers do not win fights in the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by 7not8 View Post
                  Yeah Freddie you tell'em! If he took your advice he probably would have gotten knocked down more than twice and probably out. SMDH, misery loves company.
                  Exactly. Genius Freddie figured out the recipe for success is to slug it out with the hardest puncher in boxing. Brilliant insight

Comment

The thing is when Fury was going forward, he was dominating those rounds. You have to push Wilder back so his offense is slowed, Wilder is too athletically gifted to just run around for 12 rounds he will eventually get to you. Fury needs to get a bit more stamina, and train better and he should win the rematch but he needs to be more aggressive, and make sure to not mess around and keep his hands up.

Comment

What BoxingTech718 said about what Fury did worked, yes.

Comment

Working...
                      X