• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikey himself said he was outboxed

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      Size help you to outbox fighters.

Rigo didn't land a glove on Loma and I believe he's as good as a master boxer as Loma.

Garcia has no business at 147 he doesn't have the speed of Floyd or PAC to make it competitive Vs elite.

Those natural 147 dudes are ripped supermiddleweight on fight night.
      Exactly this...height, reach, size completely changes the dynamic of the fight or any fight for that matter.

What the fight showed was Spence's versatility, not necessarily that he's a better boxer than Garcia, that is a more complicated question. Spence might equally have problems if/when he moves up and fights an elite 160-168 lber. At that point you would be able to make a more fair comparison

Comment

Mikey bit off more than he could chew and may have underestimated Eroll’s boxing’s skills. A lot of people misconstrue his talents/skills cause he knock guys out. Some folks are prolly not even aware but he had a good amateur background winning the golden gloves, nationals 3 times and represented US in the olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          Exactly this...height, reach, size completely changes the dynamic of the fight or any fight for that matter.

What the fight showed was Spence's versatility, not necessarily that he's a better boxer than Garcia, that is a more complicated question. Spence might equally have problems if/when he moves up and fights an elite 160-168 lber. At that point you would be able to make a more fair comparison
          Very true, people fail to realize how easier it is "outbox" a smaller foe when you hold all the advantages. I used the same example of GGG or Canelo against Spence, they could literally box circles around him if they chose.

Comment

NOBODY Predicted that Spence Jr would Out-Box Garcia which to me makes his performance far more impressive despite fighting a smaller guy. Especially compared to just walking him down and knocking him out and people say "Well That Is What He Was Suppose To Do"

"If It Goes To The Cards Mikey Wins" "Mikey Is The Better Boxer" "Spence Just Have Size And Power Advantage Only" "Mikey Can Out-Box Spence Jr" "Mikey Will Expose Spence Jr" "Spence Jr Defense Is Terrible" "Spence Jr Doesn't Move His Head"

I can admit I bought into some of these Pre Fight Hype Nonsense and Spence Jr shocked me with his OVERALL Boxing Skills and ESPECIALLY his Defense as well and I'm a Big Fan of his and Mikey but no I did not expect him to put on a Boxing Clinic like that vs Mikey and neither did Mikey and his family. They thought he was Slower and more Flatfooted and did not expect him to have Defense like that and it showed during the fight.
            Last edited by sicko; 03-17-2019, 12:49 PM.

Comment

He sure is. If they were the same exact size, Spence would still beat him easily. Mikey is so slow it's not even funny. He couldn't land a single meaningful punch in 12 rounds yet people said he was top 5 P4P ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                He sure is. If they were the same exact size, Spence would still beat him easily. Mikey is so slow it's not even funny. He couldn't land a single meaningful punch in 12 rounds yet people said he was top 5 P4P ?
                How many punches Errol would land on a top 168 pounders if he moves up?

Let's say benavidez stay at 168 and Errol move 21 pounds north to his first weight class like Mikey did in some years and fight benavidez?

Benavidez would batters Spence, Spence would be afraid to throw, that's what happened to Mikey dude was in survival mode, had he boxed he would have gotten ktfo

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Mikey himself said he was outboxed
                  That's a pretty much obvious fact.

But it doesn't mean Spence is better.

He's a better welterweight for sure. But Mikey is not a welterweight...

Let's see how Spence do versus nelo then benavidez...when he starts to move up...

Benavidez would obliterate Spence like he did to that love dude.

There are divisions for a reason.

I can tell you Mikey was afraid to throw once he felt those hammer punches.

Kinda like rigo Vs Loma.

Rigo didn't fight, at least Mikey didn't quit....

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    That's a pretty much obvious fact.

But it doesn't mean Spence is better.

He's a better welterweight for sure. But Mikey is not a welterweight...

Let's see how Spence do versus nelo then benavidez...when he starts to move up...

Benavidez would obliterate Spence like he did to that love dude.

There are divisions for a reason.

I can tell you Mikey was afraid to throw once he felt those hammer punches.

Kinda like rigo Vs Loma.

Rigo didn't fight, at least Mikey didn't quit....
                    Moving from 140 to 147 isn't that great of a jump.

Comment

Without a doubt, he wasn't just a big brute trying to KO Mikey, his ring IQ, speed, skill, timing, were all superior. The fight looked like Muhammad Ali going up against a light heavyweight contender.

Even if he was a lightweight and a few inches shorter in height and reach, he'd still wipe the floor with Mikey, heck if you swapped their sizes, Errol would still be the favourite.
                      Last edited by Dempsey19; 03-17-2019, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X