Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garcia cannot win vs Spence, stop getting fooled by the promotion! Prove me wrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Mikey Garcia fans out there who want to prove me wrong? Did your opinion change after the weigh in?

Comment

There dont seem to be many people with arguments how Mikey can win tonight.

I will be rooting for Mikey (I love when underdogs win), but that would be a miracle happening tonight.

Expecing Mikey to be stopped, if not in the ring then to quit on his stool or Robert throwing in the towel.

Comment

Spence in round 9 i think will end it. Too strong, and explosive. Spence having the height is the reason why Garcia will struggle ,he's reliant on pausing in between mid range to land. .

Comment

So, what was Garcias gameplan? Eat alot of punches and barely throw back? This was a mismatch they sold you as a PPV and people ate it up. Manny is way past prime and too small, Spence needs to man up and face Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            When Garcia called out Spence, nobody believed it would happen, called it a meaningless fight, a mismatch. Now its happening and it surely has been promoted well, more and more people suddenly change their mind.

Its all promotion, manipulation which alters alot of peoples perception and opinion. All the hype around this fight benefits the promoters, fighters, writers and experts that are hyping it up.

Garcia started as a 1:8 underdog (realistic) and now is down to only a 1:3 underdog.

Does that sound familiar? Yup, the same happened not too long ago when Floyd fought Conor McGregor. Conor started as a 1:9 underdog and ended up being almost a 1:3 underdog:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-for-notorious

Let's make it clear

Mikey Garcia cannot win this fight.

- Spence is much bigger, taller, stronger
            - Spence has way longer reach
            - Spence has the better jab
            - Spence has the better inside game
            - Spence has way better bodywork
            - Spence has slightly better footwork
            - Spence has the power to ko Garcia

Last but not least, if this fight somehow goes to the cards

- Spence is the housefighter, Haymons A side

This fight, this whole promotion is part of a plan to turn Spence into a PPV fighter and Mikey Garcia is the perfect dance partner, little risk for Spence and he brings alot of mexican/american fans and alot of other fans who just love to cheer for the smaller underdog, who "dares to be great".

Obviously Mikey is getting paid very handily for that fight and losing to Spence means he can still go down and take fights vs the champs at 135 and 140. If Mikey fought a guy like Loma at 135 and would look bad, who would want to see him move up to fight Spence? It's pretty much a Win Win situation for Mikey unless he gets hurt badly. But I think his corner will take care of that.

Mikey Garcia looked pretty average vs Lipinets who is not a proven top tier fighter. He got busted up quite a bit and the fight was close. Spence has knocked out his last 11 opponents, Mikey went the distance in his last 3.

Dont get me wrong, Mikey is a very good fighter, multi divisional champion but if you really look at his record, he has not faced any top fighters. Neither Gamboa, nor Uchiyama, Linares, Lomachenko or Crawford, Mikey rather fought Broner at 140 when Crawford was unifying the belts and Mikey went for the belt at 140 just after Crawford vacated them and left the division. Mikey always took the fights where he knew he was coming out on top and he still will be doing that by losing to Spence. Mikey is a good solid fighter and an even better businessman, I have to give him that.

How will this fight play out? Mikey might be able to steal a couple rounds early but the longer the fight goes on the more punishment he will take. Mikey is fast and precise and will land a couple good punches, but as soon Spence closes the gap he will hit Mikey and he will hit him hard, specially to the body and by the middle rounds Mikey will slow down and Spence will break him down more and more until Mikey either fights to survive or the fight is getting stopped. I would predict a Rd 7-9 corner stoppage.

If for some reason Mikey boxes great and makes it to the final bell, he will still be more beaten up and lose a decision. Spence is the champ, the homefighter when it comes to the judges, Spence is Haymons A side and the plan is to turn him into a PPV fighter, possibly fighting Porter, Thurman and Pacquiao all on PPV.

Only one fighter beats Spence at 147 and that is Terence Crawford.

But Mikey does not, but still everybody wins this saturday night.

The promotion was great, the PPV will do good numbers, Mikey Garcia, after his defeat, can still take part in a huge unification vs Lomachenko or other champs at 140 in the future.
            Can't say you were too far off the mark, man. Ultimately I had similar feelings... the real question was not whether Mikey could win, but whether he was gonna go for bust or just look to survive the 12 once he realised he was in too deep.

Only other thing you missed in listing Errols advantages is that he's always maintained a high workrate and shown excellent stamina, whereas Mikey has always had a fairly low output... chronically low by lightweight standards and even low for a WW. Typically speed and volume are the two potential equalisers when a small guy fights a much bigger dude, but Mikey didn't even have that in his favour.

Like you say... a masterpiece of promotion. Every metric we have, every bit of common sense, said it should be a relatively easy victory for Spence, yet somehow we had plenty of folk insisting it was a great match up.

Comment

Lomachenko would box circles around Mike

Comment

You were completely right. There are weight classes for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                  Lomachenko would box circles around Mike
                  I've always thought that. Mikey has mostly beaten slower flat footed type guys. Loma would be a nightmare matchup for him.

Comment

Working...
                  X