Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Answer with logical reasoning: Why did Floyd and Pac not fight Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was zero proof Khan was gonna be a big seller. I still don't get people implying he was 4th or 5th biggest draw in boxing more or less (beyond Floyd, Manny, Miguel &/or Canelo). He's got 0 PPV's as of today from my understanding.

The fight this weekend will show how right or wrong I am. I suspect this fight draws around 500k-600k best case. Which would be a nice drop for Canelo who did 900k-ish with Cotto. I see some suggesting it'll do 1M+ which seems insane to me.

Outside of the potential he has for PPV I think the biggest problem for Floyd & Manny was he's seen as a very weak opponent due to being KO'd twice by guys under 147lbs, once by a journeyman + lost a decision to Lamont Peterson (fwiw I thought he won that fight, but whatever). Plus he's not done a whole lot since the Garcia KO loss. I feel like Khan was his own worst enemy at securing a bigger fight by waiting & not taking a risk by fighting better opponents. I mean if he'd went to the UK & took out Brook (which I'd have favored him to do) then he's got a belt + a notable win at 147 that would have held much more appeal for Floyd or Manny. So basically Khan cost himself bigger fights. And the only reason he got this fight Saturday is cuz Oscar is wanting another easy highlight reel KO like in the mismatched Kirkland fight.

Comment

Khan's ideal opponent is a soft-punching boxer who he can pepper with fast combinations and not really worried about being KO'd. Floyd does his best work against flat footed punchers looking for a KO. It's clear why Floyd kept passing on Khan and fighting guys who lost to Khan, Khan's lesser gym mates, etc.

The Pacquaio thing I'm not sure. Definitely at first there was the issue of both being with Roach and the bad blood the separation must have created (real bad blood -- not the fake kind used to promote fights). Later on I didn't keep track.

Comment

I don't think Khan brings all that money to the table. Khan is quite greedy and prices himself out of fights, Khan demands lots of money for himself. Team Khan asks for more money for Khan than Bradley, Berto and Maidana combined. Khan had NO win at 147 to earn a fight with Mayweather or Pacquiao. Berto was indeed a cherry pick for Mayweather but several other welterweights like Thurman, Bradley, Garcia, Brook and Porter would all be better choices and more deserving opponents than Khan. Nobody is afraid of the big glass jaw. Khan just deludes himself into thinking they are.

Comment

I agree on that Khan didn't make anything easier for himself by waiting around for fights. He should've learned from it the first time and made it so that he was the man to face instead of being the one waiting to face the man.
          Last edited by SunSpace; 05-05-2016, 01:59 AM.

Comment

I think neither like him and his yapping and neither wanted to give him the payday , both take Khan to school in so many ways , nobody that struggles with Algieri and has been KOed a number of times by guys Floyd and Manny beat easy have any chance to beat them , its only Amir fanboys that have this weird idea Khan is going to pitter patter amateur style and steal the fight , he would be schooled .

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
              some real gullible clowns up in this forum...
              Since you have already predicted a smashing win for Khan over 4 to 1 favorite Canelo we will see who is a gullible clown on Sunday morning after the fight. Maybe it's you.

Comment

Floyd knew he couldn't win and Arum couldn't take a cut of Khans money.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    There was zero proof Khan was gonna be a big seller. I still don't get people implying he was 4th or 5th biggest draw in boxing more or less (beyond Floyd, Manny, Miguel &/or Canelo). He's got 0 PPV's as of today from my understanding.
                    It's the biggest myth in boxing.

He has had ONE PPV............ and he got knocked out in the 1st round.

What money is he bringing?
                    People need to stop confusing Khan with Hatton.

Comment

Just say it guys: Khan is a riskier fight for Pac and May. A speedy, rangy WW with boxing ability. And neither guy known for their KO power at 147 or above.

Khan is just about the only guy who is faster than Floyd and definitely speedier than Pac. That being said: I still think both guys beat him. But in no way would it be easy for em.

Comment

Working...
                      X